Motorola Droid - Facebook Data - Excessively High

Joiemagic

Reaction score
I have an original Motorola Droid, which I will soon be upgrading, but in the meantime, I still need to use. I am down to about 19.93 MB of space and keep getting a "Low on space" message. In looking thru my apps, I am seeing that "Facebook" is taking up the most space at a total of 55.27 MB, of which 50.47 is showing as data. Being I can't move the app to my SD card, I assume that is all on the phones internal memory and is my space hog.

What will happen if I "Clear Data" ? I see it will permanently delte all files, settings, accounts, databases and so on... Before I do this I want to be sure I will still be able to use FB on my Droid...

Thanks for your input.... Joie
God, can't wait till I upgrade

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
If u root, u can move ANY (or most) apps to SD card

[ ] Motorola Droid: Latest Miui
[X] Motorola Xoom: Stock Root 3.2
[ ] Apple iPhone 3g: RedSn0w Jailbreak
Tapatalk

OP
Joiemagic

Joiemagic

Reaction score
figured it out...

I decided to clear the data, which freed up memory, but when I logged back in and synched with my existing contacts, the data jumped right back up. So, decided to stop synching with my contacts, and I now have lots of space available on my Droid.

I figured, I only have about a month left with this dinosaur, so I can do without this info for that amount of time...

So, that is the answer.... to this problem, at least...

sentient02970

Reaction score
Thank You!

I decided to clear the data, which freed up memory, but when I logged back in and synched with my existing contacts, the data jumped right back up. So, decided to stop synching with my contacts, and I now have lots of space available on my Droid.

I figured, I only have about a month left with this dinosaur, so I can do without this info for that amount of time...

So, that is the answer.... to this problem, at least...

I've been nervous about clearing the data as well but decided to finally do it after seeing your post (and getting the repeated warnings of low storage!). Works like a charm! I think mine was using like 20MB or so of space and was growing each day.

Last edited: