Motorola Device Manager Setup

KevlarBack

Reaction score
I used to be able to view my SD card contents to copy and past photos and videos from my camera, now when connecting my Razr M via usb to my Win7 machine after Jellybean install I now get

Autoplay brings up a CD Drive Device Manager window with the options of

Install or run
1) Install Motorola Device Manager
2) general options, open folder to view files

When I open "folders" it does NOT show me my files, like an external drive, like it did before, it just shows the Motorola Device Manager Setup install and it's files. There are no other drives associated w/ the phone when connected.

Looks like Jellybean install must have turned off "Developer Options" under System, seeing all the settings greyed out, I turned it on, and checked the option of "USB Debugging" and now when I plug in my phone I can see the internal memory and SD card like before.

Spey

Reaction score
After I installed OTA JB 4.1.1 a few days ago, Motorola Device Manager MDM (that had previously worked) no longer recognized my Razr M (actually tow razr M's on two differnet computers same issue). I removed, re-downloaded MDM a number of times. For some reason after third "repair" install MDM finally recognized my Razr M. MDM version 2.3.4 thru this whole process. It is my assumption that Motorola changed/added something to MDM without updating the version number, or somehow the device drivers became digitally signed. During this time, part of the issue, I think, was related to the version driver for Razr m running JB was not Digitally Signed by Microsoft (reported via my computer Device Manager). Had same issue with second Razr M also, and also same problem with my Razr M attempting to connect to alternate computer (local Corp. Verizon store managers laptop). Around 4:00pm PST, after 3rd repain install of MDM 2.3.4 computer recognized Razr M running JB 4.1.1 finally. So, either the driver changed of somehow became digitally signed by MS.

Another issue: when JB Razr M is connected there are now only two options CONNECT AS - Media Device (MTP) or as Camera (PTP). When running ICS there were 3 - 4 options. Now when CONNECT AS Media Device (MTP) XT907 does not display in computers directory tree (for doing file transfers, etc.), and when CONNECT AS Camera (PTP) XT907 displays in computers directory tree allowing file transfers.

At this point I DO NOT need to have USB Debugging On to see XT907 and/or make file transfers from computer to XT907 via USB. Only needed to have Debugging on for install/repair of Motorola Device Manager.

All seems to be functioning ok now, except would like to have more options under CONNECT AS on the XT907.

Hope this helps to some degree.
Regards,

nweinfeld

Reaction score
I used to be able to view my SD card contents to copy and past photos and videos from my camera, now when connecting my Razr M via usb to my Win7 machine after Jellybean install I now get

Autoplay brings up a CD Drive Device Manager window with the options of

Install or run
1) Install Motorola Device Manager
2) general options, open folder to view files

When I open "folders" it does NOT show me my files, like an external drive, like it did before, it just shows the Motorola Device Manager Setup install and it's files. There are no other drives associated w/ the phone when connected.

Looks like Jellybean install must have turned off "Developer Options" under System, seeing all the settings greyed out, I turned it on, and checked the option of "USB Debugging" and now when I plug in my phone I can see the internal memory and SD card like before.

Same thing happened to me and your solution worked like a charm. Many thanks for posting.

gsmccar

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me and your solution worked like a charm. Many thanks for posting.

Wow...it worked. Thanks much.

The employee at my local Verizon store was clueless and just told me to remove the Micro SD card from the phone, use an SD card adapter to plug it into my computer, transfer files, then plug the card back into the phone. Some help.