Motorola Bluetooth T505 FM Transmitter

Grouchy

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone used the Motorola Bluetooth T505 FM Transmitter to send music off their Droid (music player and/or pandora) through the car stereo. Preferably, I'm wondering if anyone used it in the New Jersey, New York area to get an idea of the sound quality. With the Sirius app coming I am interested in this item, good deal on newegg also.

Newegg Link: Newegg.com - Motorola Bluetooth Car kit (T505)

Phillip944

Reaction score
I've had mine for a few months. It works great. Driving locally, I just set it and forget it. Driving from Philadelphia to Boston or Orlando, whenever I get any interference I hit a button and the unit tells me which station to tune to for the best signal. I don't remember having any reception issues in Jersey or Manhattan.

I recommend the product highly!

Reaction score
I have a follow up to this. I want this, but would prefer to not have the calls on the speaker phone. I would prefer voicecalls to go through an earpice. Is it possible to pair this to the droid for music transmission, but also pair an earpiece for to use if I get a phone call? I usually have people in my car and would prefer they don't hear all my conversations.

Sal R.

Reaction score
It works okay. I have a unit that I use when I'm on travel for work in rentals. Sound quality is okay. It's my last resort item if an auxiliary isn't available. When in my car I use A2DP gateway.

OP
G

Grouchy

Reaction score
I've had mine for a few months. It works great. Driving locally, I just set it and forget it. Driving from Philadelphia to Boston or Orlando, whenever I get any interference I hit a button and the unit tells me which station to tune to for the best signal. I don't remember having any reception issues in Jersey or Manhattan.

Thanks for your comment, although I'd like to ask a follow up question. I tried some kind of FM transmitter for an ipod once, only retailed for like 40 (while this is like 120 not on sale) but it would have more static when I would turn the volume up.

Did the sound quality stay good for you with higher volumes? Or does static creep in? Thanks again!

samiusmc

Reaction score

Thanks for your comment, although I'd like to ask a follow up question. I tried some kind of FM transmitter for an ipod once, only retailed for like 40 (while this is like 120 not on sale) but it would have more static when I would turn the volume up.

Did the sound quality stay good for you with higher volumes? Or does static creep in? Thanks again!

I have it and it's great. It has its own volume control plus you can control it through your car stereo's volume as well as the volume controls on your Droid. I never used it in New York. I have used it in San Francisco and its suburbs. One thing I noticed was driving in to San Francisco (or other areas with lots of radio stations I presume ) it gets hard to find a clear station to tune to since FM radio stations tend to bleed over onto frequencies that are supposed to be open. However, the bleed over would present a problem with any FM transmitter so its not the product's fault. As far as the price, I've seen it on Amazon for under $100.00. I've also seen refurbished ones for $60.00 on eBay.

_33

Reaction score
I've had this for a couple months now. Works really well! I'm in Philly and it's rare I need to find a new channel. Sadly I don't use it too much though. I may try to trade mine off for a Seidio car kit.