FM transmitter and charger

Cias

Reaction score
Hello, i just recently bought a droid. was looking for a car charger but figured i get a car charger that also has an fm transmitter to listen to pandora and such in my car. was looking around and saw 2 that seem to be good, just wanted to get some opinions if anyone has one of these or any other suggestions. thanks.

Amazon.com: Motorola DROID FM Transmitter / Internet Music Vehicle Adapter with integrated Car Charger - Gomadic Brand w/ TipExchange Technology: Electronics

Amazon.com: Accessory Power FlexSmart Car Mount System for MOTOROLA DROID SmartPhones - Cutting Edge FM Transmitter and Charger with DC Surge Protection and Stabilized Flex-Neck: Electronics

Reaction score
Hello, i just recently bought a droid. was looking for a car charger but figured i get a car charger that also has an fm transmitter to listen to pandora and such in my car. was looking around and saw 2 that seem to be good, just wanted to get some opinions if anyone has one of these or any other suggestions. thanks.

Amazon.com: Motorola DROID FM Transmitter / Internet Music Vehicle Adapter with integrated Car Charger - Gomadic Brand w/ TipExchange Technology: Electronics

Amazon.com: Accessory Power FlexSmart Car Mount System for MOTOROLA DROID SmartPhones - Cutting Edge FM Transmitter and Charger with DC Surge Protection and Stabilized Flex-Neck: Electronics

Just look at those reviews. Neither of them have 4 stars. I would stay away from them. I bought a cheapo fm transmitter from Walmart a while back and it works great.

OP
C

Cias

Reaction score

Just look at those reviews. Neither of them have 4 stars. I would stay away from them. I bought a cheapo fm transmitter from Walmart a while back and it works great.

problem with that is my car only has 1 outlet, i wouldnt be able to use a charger and a fm transmitter at the same time. i mean, of course its possible but i just rather get one that has it both in one.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
What car do you drive? I may have a good alternative for you...

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
GROM Audio and USA Spec make devices that allow you to connect an iPod, USB stick, or standard stereo plug to your stock radio. It works infinitely better than any FM transmitter. I just put the GROM model in my 07 Tacoma, and I'm kicking myself for not doing it earlier.

Looking on the GROM Audio site, they seem to have one that works for your moto.

Products by SKU

You'll still have to work out the charger business on your own, but I promise you'll be more happy with that than you will any FM transmitter.

OP
C

Cias

Reaction score
oh nice, thanks. ill have to look into that some more, first time hearing about it.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
oh nice, thanks. ill have to look into that some more, first time hearing about it.

Yeah, I hadnt either until I started looking into aftermarket stereos for my truck. I like the way the stock stereo looks in the console, so this was a great alternative.

It's literally a single plug to the back of your radio, took me 10 minutes to install.

alexs

Reaction score
For me the same problem was friends helper for me.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Many cars have an aftermarket line in option out there. FM transmitters, as a rule of thumb, should only be considered if all other options have ben exhausted.