Motorala Droid4 stuck on 'Droid logo' startup screen,which area I can find the cause?

razortje

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

- I bought a Droid 4 on Ebay. My friend placed Android 4.1 software on it and tried it for several weeks without any problems. After that, he gave me the phone and I used the phone for another 2 weeks without problems.
- Then, the micro usb connection seemed to act strange, it was not charging always so I had to move the connector up and down until it made contact, and then the phone would charge again. (Maybe a loose connector?)
- Then, one night I thought I'd charged the phone but next morning phone was out, battery empty and no way of getting it back to function normally again
- Connected to a wall charger, the phone gave signs like '0%', then '5%' and suddenly changed to '100%'. This problem you can find more often when you google about this type of problem. It seemed to be some kind of power supply problem
- A local phone shop tested my battery and it turned out it was flat/dead. I ordered on Ebay a new battery and with this battery I had not the '0%, 5% and 100%' logos/problems anymore but it just went straight to the Motorola 'M' logo
- After the red 'M' logo, it changes in a moving/animating 'Droid' logo, but there it stays. The logos is still moving (or animating), but the startup procedure stuck at this phase and will not continue.
It is this logo the start procedure gets stuck and won't pass:
7edd61d0da2fe15c112bd1d302bc1129.png

- I can leave the phone like this for more then an hour but it just won't pass this 'Droid' logo, and the battery/phone is getting a bit warm strange enough

- I have disassembled the phone but, what I can see with my eye, the connections of the micro usb are still ok. So need need of soldering but maybe there are micro cracks?

Can anyone give me a clue in what area I need to search to find the cause of this problem? I have no idea at the moment...

Maybe it is still a power supply problem, and it's getting not enough power to pass through the startup screen and the motherboard or processor receives to less power supply and it comes into an unending startup loop? (just a thought of me...)

I would be so glad if someone can help me!
With kind regards,

Lennart
(from the Netherlands)

islandboy296

Reaction score
When I first swapped my battery out I noticed that the phone wouldn't completely boot unless I had disconnected it from the USB cord. Have you tried powering the phone up both with the cord connected and disconnected?

If that fails to change anything I would try booting into recovery (VOL - and VOL + held while pressing the Power button) and wiping the cache or performing a factory reset and trying again. Good luck!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum.

Your issue can be a bad power supply, bad cable, or a problem with the USB port. I would do a factory reset. If the problem persists, have the phone checked by a qualified technician.

OP
R

razortje

Reaction score
- I have replaced the battery with a new one but problems were not completely solved
- There was also an OS problem but could do anything about it. But I discovered there was also another boot function then just the 'volume down+Power button' (hard reset..)
- Then I could do a reboot of the system, lost all my apps and settings but the phone worked again !!

- I still have issues with the micro usb connector. Some usb chargers work better then other. Somebody else have had this problem?

- But now I have another problem, the speaker is not working properly anymore. Some kind of crack when I have a phone conversation. Does some body recognize this problem? And what could be the solution?