MotoPrint problem...

falexander115

Reaction score
I have a Canon MX700 (all-in-one) Printer connected to my Desktop Computer. I cannot seem to find the right method to enable my Razr Maxx to print to it. I have used the "Auto Search" function to no avail. I have set the "Printer Shares" settings on my computer to allow sharing. An "Active Directory" seach produces nothing. The only other option I see is the "Manual" method, but cannot seem to figure out how to find the IP Address?
Can anyone provide some assistance, or suggest an alternate method around my problem?
Thanks in advance!!

barbequewolf

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure your printer needs to be on a network with an IP address. That would include a printer connected to a computer on a network. Motoprint is looking for an IP address to communicate with.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

jaybogg

Reaction score
I have a Canon MX700 (all-in-one) Printer connected to my Desktop Computer. I cannot seem to find the right method to enable my Razr Maxx to print to it. I have used the "Auto Search" function to no avail. I have set the "Printer Shares" settings on my computer to allow sharing. An "Active Directory" seach produces nothing. The only other option I see is the "Manual" method, but cannot seem to figure out how to find the IP Address?
Can anyone provide some assistance, or suggest an alternate method around my problem?
Thanks in advance!!

I have a wireless printer so not familiar with a shared printer through the PC. Did a search on "Motoprint" https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/product_page/faqs/p_country_code/US/p/1449,7742 and this is motorola's results. Looked at one and for "PC Host" and it said app was no longer available, look for "printer share" app. Sounded to me like there is an additional app required for sharing a PC shared printer. I could be wrong, didn't research too deeply, you may want to give it a look.

Sorry, further reading it seems PC Host is another name for motoprint (I think). "PrinterShare" the app moto points to, is a free or rather expensive(premium version app. Sorry for the misinformation.