MotoCast causing battery drain

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by linuxgator, Aug 8, 2012.

1. linuxgator

linuxgator Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone explain why the MotoCast process is running almost constantly after using My Music? I'm not talking about the MotoCast app that can be downloaded from Play store, but a process that comes with the ICS Leaks. It shows up as com.motorola.motoconnect in the battery info screen. I haven't set up MotoCast with my computer and it never asked for any kind of login. I have disabled all of the internet required features in the My Music player, yet it still runs. If I try disabling/freezing the process, My Music will no longer show any of the music that I have stored locally. It is frustrating, as I generally like the layout and features of the My Music app, but it is useless if this process runs and kills my battery when I try to listen to any music. If anyone understands what is going on with this process, or can figure out a workaround, please let me know. I have seen the same behavior on the .232, .235, and .238 leaks, and have done a factory data reset and cleared cache/dalvik/etc. a couple of times.
  2. bbucks36

bbucks36 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    do u use motocast? if not freeze it.. same as zumocast .. i consider those crapware
  3. linuxgator

linuxgator Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have MotoCast app installed, this is a built in process. If I freeze it, I am unable to use the My Music app. Hence the dilemma. I actually used ZumoCast quite a bit on my Droid 3, but haven't since I got the Bionic.
  4. bbucks36

bbucks36 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    i deleted that long ago and have no problems running google play music or power amp... what music player you use?
  5. linuxgator

linuxgator Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My Music. The default music player in the ICS leaks. It starts up with MotoCast frozen, but won't display any music. I don't care much for Google Music or power amp personally.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  6. bbucks36

bbucks36 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    ah ok the motplayer.. i deleted that also .. crapware. well other then that your stuck....i dont have much of motorola running in background.. except for the com.motorola.home running since i like the stock launcher..good luck View attachment 54249
Search tags for this page

com.motorola.motmusic

if i store songs on my motorola moto x does that drain my ba
motmusic motorola
motocast

motocast battery

motocast bg

motocast killing battery
motocast process
motoconnect motocast
why is motocast running all the time