MotoBlur

drewfuss

Reaction score
Anybody know if there is going to be a MotoBlur app or plug-in put out here for the Droid? I am bidding my time before the update to 2.1 or I will be forced to root the darn thing. I really want to see if the over clocking and hack is worth all the trouble.

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
motoblur app/plugin? please elaborate

from my understanding motoblur is pretty much just a UI

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
The Droid is a Google experience phone so I doubt it will ever have MotoBlur without rooting and installing a custom rom. Not sure if one exists yet. I haven't rooted so I don't keep up with it.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Not overly impressed with Motoblur. I'm sure if it's not available yet, it will be. The overclocking hack IS worth the hassle. Plus a donation or three. Robodefense bogs down pretty hard stock. OC'd, nothing will bog the phone down. Home replacements have zero lag after the update. Milestone browser is great. The difference is like going from a 4 cylinder to a V-8. But since you also have the ability to dial back, it's the best of both worlds. OC rom = win.:lifting:

tktouch12

Reaction score
i really want sense, but obviously we cant get it.
i dont know if they will release it (probably not), but it will probably be ported

OP
D

drewfuss

Reaction score
Good info guys, thanks a lot. I will have to look closer into rooting the phone. 2 quick questions.
1. Can I use a Mac or must I have a pc? (which os ver)
2. Is the actual home screen and such gonna be the same? It just makes it faster correct? Reason I ask, I do work for Big Red and show my phone to customers and I don't want it to be to far off from what stock looks like.

Thanks again.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
As far as rooting and overclocking, it really pays to study up. That way you know what to look for, and how to get back on track without asking n00b questions that have been answered a hundred times. It doesn't really matter what machine you use, just so long as you know how to mount your SD to the PC for dragging files. Almost everything is handled on phone. I haven't looked into it, but I think you have to go with a whole new rom for actual overclocking speeds. I do know you need an updated kernel in order to allow for higher than stock speeds. Bugless Beast is pretty similar to stock. There IS enhanced menu options you only get with the rom, but as far as basic functionality, it's pretty similar to stock. At this point, BB is a 2.01 release, but it has a 2.1 Gallery and some other bling. Stock Gallery is included as well.

Best advice, read twice, flash once.