Moto Z Getting Oreo "In a Few Weeks"

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks TxDoc. I've been so busy lately I never took the time to read what was new & different with Oreo. Sounds like some cool new features.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Is anyone else checking their update status daily
I become this giddy little kid when one's in the works.

I know I did once when they announced there will be an update in three weeks on my note 8. Then found out at work when cruising the tech sites that it was available for downloading. could not wait to get home. like a kid waiting for my parents to allow me to come downstairs on christmas morning.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I know I did once when they announced there will be an update in three weeks on my note 8. Then found out at work when cruising the tech sites that it was available for downloading. could not wait to get home. like a kid waiting for my parents to allow me to come downstairs on christmas morning.
Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
so moto allows more than one check a day? the note only allows one update check every 24 hours. I would do an online search for addition updates.
I can check without any issues... That's kinda weird. Why can't they let you be neurotic like me???

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
so moto allows more than one check a day? the note only allows one update check every 24 hours. I would do an online search for addition updates.
We can click the button a thousand times a day, but I believe the actual process to check in with their servers only happens once a day automatically. Or on a reboot, I believe; not 100% sure.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
when I click it, it tells me how many hours and minutes before I can check again though to be fair, not sure if it is still that way with oreo. Not expecting any updates at this time :)

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
We can click the button a thousand times a day, but I believe the actual process to check in with their servers only happens once a day automatically. Or on a reboot, I believe; not 100% sure.

Soooooo, maybe I'll start tossing in a couple of reboots a day lol.
Thanks for adding to my neuroses, @Sajo