Moto X Pure Edition - Nougat is coming

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
A number of sites have reported that Nougat for the unlocked Moto X Pure Edition has been released. Although today it seems as its been released for a Soak Test and not to the Wild just yet.

Moto X Pure Edition Nougat update begins its rollout

My wife has the MXPE and it has been acting a bit wonky lately. A lot spontaneous reboots. fast battery draw down, losing BT pairings to name a few. Given some of the things that other devices have gone through with their respective Nougat releases, I'm not sure if we should be excited or not? :confused:

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
I'm seriously pissed at Motorola. I contacted them and asked when I could expect the update. I was told it depends on the carrier. So I ask Isn't the plus of purchasing an unlocked device is that you won't be dependent on the carrier for updates. CSR then got snippy and said that's just the way it is.

I told her next time I'll just get a Nexus device.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I'm seriously pissed at Motorola. I contacted them and asked when I could expect the update. I was told it depends on the carrier. So I ask Isn't the plus of purchasing an unlocked device is that you won't be dependent on the carrier for updates. CSR then got snippy and said that's just the way it is.

I told her next time I'll just get a Nexus device.

I believe you may have been misled by "Pure" and "Unlocked"

"Carrier-friendly

Unlocked for all major U.S. networks, like Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, and U.S. Cellular. Switch carriers and keep your phone. Simply swap SIM cards."

Pure Android experience.

Experience Android as it was intended-without unnecessary clutter from preloaded apps or software. You’ll get the cleanest user experience along with faster device performance.

[https://images-na]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
My beef is the phone doesn't come with all the carrier installed crap ware that is the usual cause of update delays. This device should get updates quickly not a year and a half after the next OS update is available. The worst thing is they don't even have a roll out schedule.

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
Well finally Moto has released the Nougat update to the X Pure. It's currently downloading.

OP
radon222

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yup! And after waiting and waiting and waiting, my wife finally got the update notification last night. Only to find out she didn't have enough storage space available to d/l the update and apply it :D

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Since you all had to wait so long I hope Moto is giving you 7.1.1 and not just 7.0. 7.1.1 is what Nougat should have been all along in my opinion.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
radon222

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Timing is actually not too bad. The Nougat update will either address the BT problems that she's been having ( continuously loosing pairings)....

Or I know what she's going to be getting for Christmas.

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
Since you all had to wait so long I hope Moto is giving you 7.1.1 and not just 7.0. 7.1.1 is what Nougat should have been all along in my opinion.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Nope 7.0 it is.