Nougat Coming To the Moto Z Lineup In Q4

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

With Nougat hitting the full list of current Nexus devices the question remains, "When will my device receive Nougat?". It turns out if your device is part of the Moto Z family you will be receiving the update to Nougat some time in Q4. We won't even see the new lineup of Nexus devices until the beginning of the fourth quarter. The fact that Motorola will have the update so quickly speaks to Lenovo's commitment to keep their new devices up to date.

The news of the Nougat update comes from a Moto rep who reported
consumers can “expect to see Android N on the Moto Z family and Moto G4 beginning in Q4.
Apparently Motorola will also share update timing later. The Nougat release should give you even more incentive to buy the Moto Z and Z Force. For more info on release dates head to the link below.

via Motorola

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
After the poor battery life and less dozing I experienced on my Nexus 6P with Nougat, I'll be hesitant to pull the trigger on this update on my new Z.

I'm curious to see if we'll see the rumored .1 update to Nougat when the Pixel phones are announced next week. If we do, I wonder if Moto is working on that update as the Nougat upgrad for the Z, or this original one that's caused issues for many Nexus users.

Either way, great to see Moto trying to keep on the game with updates. I was surprised to have actually received the September security patch on my Z IN the month of September. Haha

Wadman

Reaction score
Hopefully the my turbo 2 is on the list to get it. Seeing as it took forever to get Marshmallow my hopes aren't very high.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I look Forward to 7. I like Marshmallow and wished my Droid Turbo got Marshmallow. Thank you VZW for the Empty Promises. You Stink!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Hope it's better than the nexus rollout.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Even this Moto fan is tired of the slow (or no) updates from them. And I'm not the "caring about updates" kind of guy. Just don't think it's right the Turbo 1 owners are still waiting for M.
I do believe every flagship should get 2 OS updates and my next phone will be from a company that feels the same way (LG).

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Worst Part was at one point VZW advertised Droid Turbo Getting M.

Razzorr

Reaction score
Worst Part was at one point VZW advertised Droid Turbo Getting M.

Yes that did not help much. My Turbo works great. I thought about upgrading, but to what. Moto cannot bother to put out any updates. I not sure to even call Lollipop an upgrade to the Turbo. It should have started with it. Instead it took way to long to even get that. They did about the same thing with the Turbo 2.

I started to look at the Note 7 LOL.

SO more power to the Z getting N.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
After the poor battery life and less dozing I experienced on my Nexus 6P with Nougat, I'll be hesitant to pull the trigger on this update on my new Z.

I'm curious to see if we'll see the rumored .1 update to Nougat when the Pixel phones are announced next week. If we do, I wonder if Moto is working on that update as the Nougat upgrad for the Z, or this original one that's caused issues for many Nexus users.

Either way, great to see Moto trying to keep on the game with updates. I was surprised to have actually received the September security patch on my Z IN the month of September. Haha
How do you like the Z? I've got the X pure and love it... I've been thinking of getting the Z force /sigh droid. I was hoping the X would get Nougat soon... obviously not.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
How do you like the Z? I've got the X pure and love it... I've been thinking of getting the Z force /sigh droid. I was hoping the X would get Nougat soon... obviously not.
I'm loving it. Android is so Vanilla on it that it's like the 6P in many ways with subtle enhancements that actually make sense.

Waiting to have extra money to get more mods, but I got the speaker mod for free with it & that one is great.

Sent from my Moto Z

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Agreed. Great Phone. Just Disappointed the JBL mod seems to not be as Loud as it was after Update. Very Strange. I may see about Exchanging it.