Moto X Pre-Valentine's Day Sale: $70 Off Until February 14th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-x-valentines-deal-2014.png

Googorola certainly keeps amping up the competitive pressure with great pricing of their Moto X. They are now offering another "Sweet Deal" on the flagship device, and that is literally what they are calling the promotion. It is apparently a pre-Valentine's Day promotion so that the romantic inclined have an easy excuse to splurge on some gear for their loved ones.

Motorola is now selling the Moto X for an additional $70 bucks off the current pricing. This means you can get the 16GB Moto X for $329.99, the 32GB Moto X for $379.99, and yes, even the Developer Edition Moto X for $379.99. This special pricing will go on until Valentine's Day. That's on February 14th for the romantically challenged. Head to the source link below for the full details and opportunity to snag this deal.

Source: Motorola

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
Im actually afraid that once I buy it, price will drop big time. Which is a good thing...

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
I'll be filing my taxes this week, and if I get a decent return then I may just pull the trigger on the Dev Edition. I love my G-Nex, but I'm so ready for an upgrade, and that price is really enticing!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Since this is the new temporary Standard Price you should also be able to get a few dollars of by trading your ld phone in, too. Right?

Motorola - A Google Company

//edit// Hmmm. Funy how that happens. A week ago they were giving $50 for the RAZR HD. This week it's not eligible. But OLDER phones are. Hmmmmm

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Every week I'm hearing that the phone is less and less than what I paid for it, and more stuff to add and design with.

W.T.F.! (What The Fone! Keeping it family friendly and all)

I also looked at Motorola - A Google Company to see what I could get for my Galaxy Nexus had I traded it in and this is what I got back:
[h=3]Trade In Estimate[/h]$00
again...

W.T.F.!

Anyway, I see this phone becoming more and more what we had all hoped for when it was first released. The price point is there, and Motorola is really aggressively trying to get sales.

I hope they succeed.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
So there is an dev edition, does that mean that the regular edition is locked up tight?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Every week I'm hearing that the phone is less and less than what I paid for it, and more stuff to add and design with.

W.T.F.! (What The Fone! Keeping it family friendly and all)

I also looked at Motorola - A Google Company to see what I could get for my Galaxy Nexus had I traded it in and this is what I got back:
Trade In Estimate

$00
again...

W.T.F.!

Anyway, I see this phone becoming more and more what we had all hoped for when it was first released. The price point is there, and Motorola is really aggressively trying to get sales.

I hope they succeed.

Ebay that GNex, looks like they go from $75 to $100

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm using it as a Roku remote. Plus, the amoled screen has that issue where it displays veritcal lines. So, I'd rather just keep it. Still, Motorola slighted me with their snub of my Gnex.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Wow. Good deal.

I'm really hoping it comes down even more by April or so. My contract is up in mid-April and at the moment there's nothing else really enticing me.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Wow. Good deal.

I'm really hoping it comes down even more by April or so. My contract is up in mid-April and at the moment there's nothing else really enticing me.

Buying it off contract doesn't affect your current contract date.

en28so

Reaction score
Im actually afraid that once I buy it, price will drop big time. Which is a good thing...
If you think like that, than you will NEVER buy anything lol! How many times have I bought something and a few weeks later it's like $100 less? BUT, if your current phone is working great for you right now, then it's a good train of thought.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Buying it off contract doesn't affect your current contract date.

I understand that...I'm just not in the hunt right now (just dropped far too much money on my house and my cat)...and maybe by that time, it'll be cheaper. Heck, I may not even be able to buy then...