1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Moto X ...just your .01c

Discussion in 'Motorola Moto X' started by bkdodger, Nov 20, 2013.

1. bkdodger

bkdodger Super Moderator Staff Member

2. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Just received 4.4 as well. You guys shouldn't pass this up.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
  3. BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire New Member

And I thought I had a good deal from Target - $49.99 when I saw $199 at most other places. Not bad. Moto X is a good phone and I've held the Nexus 5 in my hand. Very happy.
  4. tbolted

tbolted Member

I'm trying to buy this phone on Amazon, but it's showing me both my 1400 voice & message Family Share, and also $0.20 per message and $0.25 per pic message. So I'm not sure if I'm going to get screwed or not, have to wait till I call verizon.
  5. tbolted

tbolted Member

Called Verizon, they priced matched Amazon and waived the $30 upgrade fee. My new $49.99 Moto X will be here Tuesday. After three years, it's finally time to retire the Thunderbolt.
  6. TatDroid

TatDroid Active Member

The X will be a VERY nice upgrade from your Thunderbolt!
  7. tbolted

tbolted Member

Well, now I'm back to Verizon Sucks.

Checked my order status cause the phone wasn't here, and there was no order. Called and they have no record of the order being placed. No idea if the rep was just lying, or if the order didn't go through because of the price discount and waived fee.

Checked Amazon and today the $0.01 price came up, so I grabbed it. Still not sure about the messaging, the rep was telling me that I'm paying $20 for unlimited now, but it's just not broken out on my statement. Not sure I believe him, but I'll have to wait till my next statement to see if I'm getting screwed or not.
  8. Snoking

Snoking New Member

If you got it for a penny, that sound like a new line of service. I upgrade an existing line with a M.X this morning on Amazon and it was 49.99.

I just got shipping details and it will be here Friday. Chris
  9. tbolted

tbolted Member

Got my 1¢ X today and upgraded my existing line to the new phone. Before I was even done with the setup, getting apps installed and restoring contacts the phone upgrade to Kit Kat. It didn't even make me change my data plan, so I've still got my unlimited for $30/mo plan.

So, I bought a Moto X for 1¢ and activated it on my old data plan at no additional charge. Overall, I'd say that I'm very happy.
  10. tbolted

tbolted Member

Amazon is still offering this phone for 1¢, I just ordered another one as an upgrade for my son's DINC2.

Now that I've had it for a full day I think it was a decent enough deal from Verizon for $99. For $0.01 it's too good to pass up. Very pleased with the phone so far.
  11. Snoking

Snoking New Member

So how do you get a normal upgrade for a penny. Penny price is for a new line of service. Upgrade is $49.99??
  12. tbolted

tbolted Member

I go to Amazon.com, and I type "motorola moto x" in the search bar, then I click on the one that says: "Motorola Moto X Black (Verizon Wireless). It says "$0.01 with contract", but so do the AT&T and Sprint versions.

Then I pick a plan, in my case "Family", then I select "I have a Verizon Wireless account and want to upgrade my current device to this one." When I click Add to Cart it opens a new window that asks for the number of the phone I want to upgrade, as well as some billing information. Then it tells me that I'm eligible. It then asks for options such as changing your plan or phone coverage, but you don't really need to change anything as you have to do that when you activate the phone through Verizon anyway.
  13. Snoking

Snoking New Member

Guess they changed the deal. They most likely have a 32gb unit ready to roll big time and are dumping stock on us.
  14. tbolted

tbolted Member

I'm Ok with that. I'll take the "old" one with 16gb for 1¢ every day.
  15. Snoking

Snoking New Member

Amazon is going to make mine a retroactive penny phone. Thanks for posting the cost reduction. Chris
  16. Dalvik_Cache

Dalvik_Cache Super Moderator Premium Member

Ive been using the Moto X for a while now, and absolutely LOVE it. Its a great phone. I highly recommend it to anyone!
  17. Dalvik_Cache

Dalvik_Cache Super Moderator Premium Member

How about free-99, thats what I paid for mine! :p
Search tags for this page

how much is the motorola moto x to buy for another line on a