Moto Droid Music Player

Lefaid

Reaction score
I was wondering what everyone's experence with the music player has been like. Is it any good in your experence? Do you use it has your primary player? Etc.

I personally have had a good experence with it and strangly it seems to be clearer then my iPod, almost like a hidden gem inside the device.

dhinged

Reaction score
I was wondering what everyone's experence with the music player has been like. Is it any good in your experence? Do you use it has your primary player? Etc.

I personally have had a good experence with it and strangly it seems to be clearer then my iPod, almost like a hidden gem inside the device.

It's almost perfect; it just needs the ability to shuffle songs by something other than the library (playlist, artist, album, etc) without making me choose a song, and needs headset controls support (like Apple's microphone earbuds or Motorola's bluetooth headset).

I use TuneWiki right now because it does both of the above (though the latter not so well) and automatically downloads album artwork and lets me listen to Shoutcast and Last FM.

OSX2000

Reaction score
The only thing it's missing is an equalizer. That's the only reason my iPod still sounds better.

And yep, it's my primary music player. I've tried all the players in the market, including ³/Cube, and I didn't like any of them.

Last edited:

JasmineO2007

Reaction score
I have a quick question ..... I just got the droid about a month ago and I copied songs from my computer to my droid (Music Player) and I also downloaded an app on my droid that lets me download music to my droid as well. NOw this is my question .... y is it when I hook my droid up to my car stereo does only my music that i downloaded from my computer only play and not the ones I downloaded from my app????

dhinged

Reaction score
I have a quick question ..... I just got the droid about a month ago and I copied songs from my computer to my droid (Music Player) and I also downloaded an app on my droid that lets me download music to my droid as well. NOw this is my question .... y is it when I hook my droid up to my car stereo does only my music that i downloaded from my computer only play and not the ones I downloaded from my app????

I'm not sure how your car stereo recognizes music files on the Droid, but it's probably either looking only in the directory that has the music you loaded from your computer, or the music downloaded from your phone is not recognizable to it.

You should plug your phone into your computer and sift through the SD card to see what the music files look like. If they're not mp3, aac, or wma then it likely won't recognize it.

kedvan

Reaction score
music player

anyone find a good player that allows for creating playlist easy!! i mean easy, like the gmail function where you can select multiple songs at one time and add to a list. seems that every player out there you "hold" on song and add to list, which is one at a time!! way to slow and lame.

also, it may not be the best for all songs, but for most of all genres even old stuff, TUBEDROID is awesome. finds the song on youtube, and other sources and can download as just audio or both

thanks

dgonz

Reaction score
anyone find a good player that allows for creating playlist easy!! i mean easy, like the gmail function where you can select multiple songs at one time and add to a list. seems that every player out there you "hold" on song and add to list, which is one at a time!! way to slow and lame.

also, it may not be the best for all songs, but for most of all genres even old stuff, TUBEDROID is awesome. finds the song on youtube, and other sources and can download as just audio or both

thanks

try btunes, it's like the ipod music player interface. I loved it till I went froyo and the widget doesn't work to well now. But you can check all the songs you want to add to the now playing list.

dgonz

Reaction score

thanks

try btunes, it's like the ipod music player interface. I loved it till I went froyo and the widget doesn't work to well now. But you can check all the songs you want to add to the now playing list.

kedvan

Reaction score
thanks alot dgonz, i will check it out.

when did you go froyo? did they send you an update to phone? i can't wait. how is the flash player?

mentaloaf

Reaction score
I just started using my droid for music, I've got some really good Skull Candy earbuds and the quality is pretty good. What do you all use to play it through your car stereo? Can I use the same "Monster" cable as I did with my ipod that transmits on one of my FM frequencies?

kedvan

Reaction score
**mentaloaf** - ya the 'monster' cable is what i use, works great with FM. which is why i was looking for a better player to make playlists quicker and easier

i actually rewired my monster cable with a little bit extra length too for my truck so the wire wasn't being pulled so much. i use 88.1 and never miss a beat. stupid pun i know