More disappointing GPU benchmarks :-(

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I don't play games on my phone but I would've prefer if it had the Exynos chip just to know the power is there for whatever application may use it But if it doesn't play well with ICS and overall it's more performant on 4460 so be it , for applications other than games it should have the same or better speed . It remains to be seen how ICS runs on GS2 , if it runs better and with no problems I'll be pissed at Google and Samy claiming they had to use this chip cause Exynos wasn't working well with ICS

kmo

Reaction score
I don't know why people make assumptions about a device you haven't even gotten your hands on. Seems like every new device (iphone 4s, or any new android phone) no one is ever satisfied with the final product. If your that set on a specific processor why not wait till 2012 1st quarter and you can get a quad core device. People that want to wait for the next greatest thing will be waiting forever. Every other month something "new and better" shows up. This Galaxy Nexus will be a great device period, and it's a Google phone which means it will get support and updates first. Big plus as far as I'm concerned. Android is still relatively new and a constantly changing, developing market. Hang in there, this is only the first round of ICS, it's only going to get better ...as far as hardware I think it's crazy how fast we've gotten to where it is today.

tc1

Reaction score
Gaming I never really cared about on a phone...at least not graphic intensive gaming.

I do worry about the HD screen bogging down the phone though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

ice456789

Reaction score
According to Google, it's been optimized for playing video. I would assume that the phone can handle any size video without any issues. If it does not live up to that, then I will say it's got a serious problem. You don't put a 720p screen on a phone that doesn't have the hardware to use it. I could care less if you can play Crysis on it.

All reports say that the phone flies and doesn't stutter at all. The only issues are benchmarks, which have all been (I'll say it) bad. Perhaps the benchmarks don't play well with ICS, or 720p, or the Omap 4460. Or perhaps the phone is the problem. Impossible to say at this point, but everyone who has used the phone has gushed about it. That's enough for me.

haproot

Reaction score
Who's to say that these benchmark apps even have optimizations for ICS and the OMAP 4460? I had a Bionic for a little while and it played my games wonderfully. AFAIK the Nexus is pretty much the same GPU? With the screen resolution aside, I don't think it'll be a huge issue.

patriot95

Reaction score
Looks like when it comes to browsing the Galaxy Nexus destroys the iPhone 4S which is a good change considering the iPhone 4 was way ahead of the Nexus S. If you aren't interesting in extreme HD gaming apps (which I'm not), then the browsing scores should be a good way to judge the actual speed of the phone.

Of course we will see more as the phone comes out, but I think the hating needs to relax until then.

Source: Benchmarks show Galaxy Nexus mashing iPhone 4S « The Orange View

alboboy10

Reaction score
I'm more interested in web browsing and videos and battery...and a good looking phone.

Sounds like a winner

ice456789

Reaction score
I'm more interested in web browsing and videos and battery...and a good looking phone.

Sounds like a winner
It seems that is what they were focusing on. That will give you and me piece of mind... this phone will be blazingly fast at browsing and video playback. Let's hope the battery isn't terrible.

alucard9114

Reaction score
Bottom line the gpu on the g-nexus is garbage its very old and does not future proof this phone at all.I'm thinking it has something to do with Lte on Verizon.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

patriot95

Reaction score
Bottom line the gpu on the g-nexus is garbage its very old and does not future proof this phone at all.I'm thinking it has something to do with Lte on Verizon.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

It is easily a two year phone. That is all it has to be.