1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[MOD][DEV] *v2.1 update* Froyo Camera.apk Power Button->Shutter Key; Disable Low Batt

Discussion in 'Samsung Fascinate Development' started by TAPOUT27, Feb 11, 2011.

1. TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27 New Member

All credit goes to GizmoDroid over at XDA for this sweet hack....Enjoy

Orig link: [MOD][DEV] *v2.1 update* Froyo Camera.apk Power Button->Shutter Key; Disable Low Batt - xda-developers

[​IMG] [MOD][DEV] *v2.1 update* Froyo Camera.apk Power Button->Shutter Key; Disable Low Batt

Current Functionality over stock Camera.apk:
    • Optional Geotagging (thanks to Adrynalyne or whoever he got it from)
    • Power Button in Camera mode becomes functionally the same as the touchscreen Shutter Key
    • Power Button in Camcorder mode becomes functionally the same as the touchscreen Shutter Key for starting recording
    • Removed Low Battery restriction
    • Removed In-Call restriction
    [SIZE=+1]Froyo Camera Mod v2.1 - APK version[/SIZE]

Camera.apk - Download @ MediaFire.com

[​IMG]

Installation: Since this is a system app, it cannot be installed using the Package Installer. Camera.apk must replace /system/app/Camera.apk. You can accomplish this many different ways. Two common methods are: 1) use ADB to push it ("adb push Camera.apk /system/app/Camera.apk"); or 2) copy Camera.apk to your SD card, then use a program like Root Explorer to move it to "/system/app/". If you are running a Stock Froyo rom, you will want to delete any camera.odex files in /system/app/, clear dalvik cache and reboot. For most deodexed roms, a reboot is only necessary if the camera is not working correctly after installation.
    Thanks to s44, there is now a CWM flashable upgrade version:

[SIZE=+1]Froyo Camera Mod v2.1 - ClockworkMod ZIP version[/SIZE]

cameramodv2.1-install.zip - Download @ xdaDevelopers.com

[​IMG]

Originally Posted by s44 [​IMG] The attached Clockwork zip *should* do all the above (delete the odex if it exists, clear the Camera's dalvik cache entry, and install the Camera apk into /system/app)
    Installation: Copy zip file to sdcard. Boot into CWM, and select "Install zip from sd card". Select the file, then confirm the flash. When finished, reboot.

Disclaimer: This should work on any of the Froyo roms/kernels, but maybe not your's. Be sure to make a backup of your current Camera.apk for easily switching it back if you have problems.

Feedback: If it doesn't work right, let me know your setup, and what the problem is. If you see an error in my description, or if you know of a better way to do something, let me know. It's my goal to both be as unobtrusive to the original code as possible, while increasing functionality/efficiency. I am *slightly* open to suggestions on future features (I can't promise much since I'm in school and don't have too much time).

Future Features/Fixes:
    • In camcorder mode, Power Button second press->Pause Key
    • Fix minor bug where Home Key short press does not exit program after using the Power Button once
    • Optimize PNG's
    Previous Versions
    [SIZE=-1]Camera Mod v1
    Camera.apk - Download @ MediaFire.com

[​IMG][/SIZE]

Changelog
    • v2.1
      -Added "Unable to start camera while in a call" Alert Disable
      -Added Remap Power Button to Shutter Key for Camcorder (start only)
    • v2
      -Corrupted Upload... Sorry!
    • v1
      -Initial Release

-Adrynalyne for providing the deodexed, froyo Camera.apk with optional geotagging added.
    -The author of that forum post I read that pointed me to the "camera.smali" file. I'm sorry, I have no idea who you are.
    -Whoever wrote this Dalvik VM cheatsheet
    -S44 for putting together the CWM flash file

ENJOY......
Search tags for this page
/system / app /cameraopen.apk

/system/app/cameraopen.apk

cam apk mod
camera apk yang diodex

camera hack apk

camera mod apk

camera open.apk

camera.apk froyo