MMS weird problems

crashngo

Reaction score
Hey guys, For some reason some pictures that my friends send me (specifically a friend of mine that has a 4S) are coming in a videos. Even though they send them as pictures. Any idea why this is happening? This has happened a few times recently and it is starting to get annoying because I have to ask my friends to resend the me the message. Of BTW I am currently using the stock messaging app. Maybe its final time to take the leap and root and unlock this thing to see if that could fix this.

Thanks in advance guys

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Hey guys, For some reason some pictures that my friends send me (specifically a friend of mine that has a 4S) are coming in a videos. Even though they send them as pictures. Any idea why this is happening? This has happened a few times recently and it is starting to get annoying because I have to ask my friends to resend the me the message. Of BTW I am currently using the stock messaging app. Maybe its final time to take the leap and root and unlock this thing to see if that could fix this.

Thanks in advance guys

Are they sending single images or multiple ones?

Try out a different messaging app like GO SMS Pro or Handcent.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Ye 20 second video. For one single picture. Its annoying.

You need another messaging client like gosms. I'm using stock messenger but that's something I really hate

pool_shark

Reaction score
It usually isn't the client, it's the sender. The pics are coming in as slideshows.

OP
C

crashngo

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, and which of the messaging clients would you guys recommend? I have never really used any of them I just stick with stock usually.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The iphone peeps can send pics small like that or large/normal. Just tell them to send the large ones!