missing voice icon in handcent

Droyd

Reaction score
I seem to be missing my voice icon (microphone) on the virtual keypad for handcent and the android messaging app. I had them before. I believe it was next to the spacebar. Gone.............. please help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I seem to be missing my voice icon (microphone) on the virtual keypad for handcent and the android messaging app. I had them before. I believe it was next to the spacebar. Gone.............. please help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

All you must do to get the microphone icon is press your menu key next to the home key at the bottom of the phone-->settings-->language and keyboard-->android keyboard settings and select the voice input drop down menu to turn re-enable the microphone.

joshtalgia

Reaction score
Actual Resolution: Install Google Voice Search.

I know what you're thinking. "No, you idiot! I'm not missing search anything! I'm missing the Microphone icon on my keyboard for Speech to Text!"

Seriously. Install Google Voice Search and your precious microphone will be back. I had this problem, found the resolution elsewhere, but this thread was the first result when googling "android keyboard missing microphone".

Hopefully this helps point folks in the right direction.