Microphone missing from ANDROID Keyboard.

cletus

Reaction score
Microphone missing from ANDROID Keyboard. (SOLVED)

I recently noticed I lost my microphone (for voice-to-text input) on my stock Android keyboard. I haven't done any OTA updates since I've got the phone. Just app updates. But recently I did root my phone using Titanium Backup Pro, but this disappeared before I rooted it anyways.

So I tried searching here first. I tried downloading Google Voice, restarted handset, no change. I went into Settings-->Language and keyboard-->Android keyboard settings--- And everyone is saying just select Voice Input to re-enable. But Voice Input doesn't exist on this screen for me.

I'm using a DROID 1, running 2.2.2 with the FRG83G build. Since this was prior to me rooting, I don't have a stock ROM to flash back to now. Can anyone offer any suggestions why it might be missing? Any additional ideas how to get it back?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
OP
cletus

cletus

Reaction score
SOLVED..............I must have got my order of events mixed up. I could have sworn this was missing before I rooted my phone. NOPE!

My whole purpose of rooting my phone was to remove stock apps, like Twitter, Amazon, etc..... So after rooting it, I got Titanium Backup Pro cause it offered the option of Freezing apps. In my efforts to save memory, I froze Voice Search, cause, well I wasn't using it, and all it did was take up memory.

Didn't realize that is what removed my Microphone option on the keyboard. Unfroze app, all is well. :blink: