Missing MD5 file from backup-Not able to restore?

Darkbmx76

Reaction score
I installed an update.zip for apppickerwidget and have lost my gmail account on my phone. I lost gmail, the market, and my contacts. Anyway, I tried to restore the back up i had made about 10 minutes earlier to installing the update.zip, and it did not work. Something about a missing MD5 file? Whats the problem with the MD5?
I made the backup with Clockwork, don't know if that changes anything.
Thanks.

**This should probably be moved to the rescue squad.

Last edited:

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
You should be able to create one manually.

Go to the backup folder /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/*rom name (date and time usually)/

Run adb shell or terminal emulator and type:
Code:
su
cd /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/*rom name (date and time usually)/
md5sum *img > nandroid.md5
Give it a bit of time, before you reboot into recovery, if I remember it takes it a little while to create it (a few minutes even). You can verify it has been created by typing ls while still in the correct directory.

I can go in more depth if you are confused.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Sending you on to the Rescue Squad. I would suggest flashing an older nandroid if you have one.

OP
D

Darkbmx76

Reaction score
Sending you on to the Rescue Squad. I would suggest flashing an older nandroid if you have one.

Well I went on the IRC on blackdroids site and Redman gave me an update.zip for updated apps and now im back in business. But do you know what would cause the MD5 to be missing? I dont want this to happen again if something were to go wrong again.