RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Create a shortcut.

Long press home screen.

Shortcuts, applications. . .

Trip

Reaction score
Drag the old shortcut to the trash, then make a new one...

Long press on the home screen, pick shortcuts, applications, then gallery.

You have to make a new shortcut because the application got replaced with the 2.1 update so the old shortcut points to nothing right now.

gkirbz

Reaction score
Didn't work for me

I'm at a loss. My Incredible 2 gallery app icon disappeared and it's no longer listed in my apps. I can see it if I go to manage applications, etc., but there is no data or cache. I've tried all the fixes I could find, but it's just gone. Now, when I open my camera app, the shortcut features to the gallery and editing do nothing. I installed the gallery 3d app which is now standard, as I understand it, but it doesn't have the same features or ease of use as the original and, again, the shortcuts to gallery and edit no longer work with the camera. There are a couple of other issues with the phone as well. WTF did this "gingerbread" update do to the phone I used to love??? Is there any help for me?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Yes there is. Do a factory data reset on your phone. Your missing system apps will reappear. You might want to write down the free apps you have on your phone because some may not reinstall automatically. I lost the alarm clock after the first update and got it back that way. So long as your contacts are backed up in your google account they will sync when you log back into the phone. Good luck and come back if you have any more questions.

This post is Incredible 2

gkirbz

Reaction score
Yep, did the reset and all is well. Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

wtrlogd

Reaction score
I have a droid razr maxx, long press on home key doesn't bring up anything about shortcuts though.
Thanks in advance, if anyone knows how to create a shortcut to the gallery on my phone, preferably, without having to download another app.
Prior to the latest upgrade there was some sort of facebook widget thing with a bar on the bottom of it that would bring up the gallery, but that's gone now.

Create a shortcut.

Long press home screen.

Shortcuts, applications. . .