Mirror Chrome Browser To TV With Chromecast With Latest Chrome For Android Update!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It appears that the latest Beta build of Chrome for Android includes the ability to stream Youtube videos and any other HTML5 video with your Chromecast to your TV! This feature however is not front and center and is actually buried inside the update. It isn't all that hard to enable it though. The guys at Android Authority have posted a quick tutorial. To turn on the functionality just type chrome://flags/#enable-cast into the URL bar, this will pop up a notification where you can enable the experimental feature. Just check that it is enabled and restart the browser. Now Chromecast support should now be activated.

Apparently this will be hit and miss for now. If you go to the Youtube website in Chrome you should see the chromecast option, you will also get this option on other videos but you may have to do some finagling to get it to work (IE you may need to place videos in full screen mode before the chromecast icon will appear). Still yet not all videos will work with Chromecast. Hopefully this is a sign that Google is actively working on getting Chromecast fully functional with the Chrome browser. Most videos these days are in HTML5 but there are still some Flash videos out there that obviously won't work since they aren't supported by the Chrome browser.

Via Android Authority

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
AWESOME! This makes my Moto X now even better than my Razr where I could plug into a TV with HDMI and mirror.

I HEART MY CHROMECAST!

Briankbl

Reaction score
The title of this thread is incredibly misleading...

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
how is it misleading? The Chrome for Android update includes support for mirroring to Chromecast which is exactly what the title states!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
how is it misleading? The Chrome for Android update includes support for mirroring to Chromecast which is exactly what the title states!

Maybe he is concerned about the lack of the word 'Beta' in the title? This feature is only in the beta version at the moment.