minimal blur in ice cream sandwich?

hasbrobot

Reaction score
Am I the only one surprised there doesn't seem to be much blur in ics? I mean aside from the icons, the rest pretty much seems to be not unlike stock 4.0 on the galaxy nexus. Its almost like they kicked it back a notch. Just thinking...
Of course all we've seen are leaks and the final could contain more, who knows right?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
hasbrobot said:
Am I the only one surprised there doesn't seem to be much blur in ics? I mean aside from the icons, the rest pretty much seems to be not unlike stock 4.0 on the galaxy nexus. Its almost like they kicked it back a notch. Just thinking...
Of course all we've seen are leaks and the final could contain more, who knows right?

The leaks could be different but I really doubt it. I haven't tried any of the leaks l, but as functional as the leaks were, I think that has to be the direction they're going. That's speculation though.

It could be that the flaws in The leaks were because the skin wasn't completely applied yet. And that the skin contains some functional plug ins as part if the overlay.

Pure speculation on my behalf though.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

EDIT: As far as who knows.....THEY know. And we shall soon enough. Good to finally ALMOST know something lol.

OP
hasbrobot

hasbrobot

Reaction score
Sounds quite feasable,

there was an article not too long back on Droid life and various others as well. Regarding installing blur on ics devices. Apparently this blur was pulled from a leak according to this article, unless i'm missing something. The interesting part of this is the image of the app drawer icon on the bottom right of the dock. Its practically identical to the one on blur running on gingerbread. This looks like the blur we're quite familiar with right now, slightly. If this is the case than why have all the recent leaks been without this? The build dates of most of them were past this article date.

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/04/02/motoblur-ics-launcher-released-should-work-with-most-4-0-roms/

Even since the change in leak direction from 4.03 to 4.04 that latter most recent still doesn't contain this

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
hasbrobot said:
Sounds quite feasable,

there was an article not too long back on Droid life and various others as well. Regarding installing blur on ics devices. Apparently this blur was pulled from a leak according to this article, unless i'm missing something. The interesting part of this is the image of the app drawer icon on the bottom right of the dock. Its practically identical to the one on blur running on gingerbread. This looks like the blur we're quite familiar with right now, slightly. If this is the case than why have all the recent leaks been without this? The build dates of most of them were past this article date.

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/04/02/motoblur-ics-launcher-released-should-work-with-most-4-0-roms/

Even since the change in leak direction from 4.03 to 4.04 that latter most recent still doesn't contain this

Great question. I have one of my own. Since I haven't rooted and installed any of the ics leaks, and I haven't been paying that close of attention, what happens with our home row? Ics uses on screen buttons right? So what role does our home row take? Wasted real estate?
I hope its some other function, not just wasted space.

Any ideas?

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
hasbrobot

hasbrobot

Reaction score
Just got back from seeing the avengers, that was an awesome movie!

Nah, the on screen buttons are only for a phone that already has them. It wont affect us any differently as far as our soft buttons are concerned.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
hasbrobot said:
Just got back from seeing the avengers, that was an awesome movie!

Nah, the on screen buttons are only for a phone that already has them. It wont affect us any differently as far as our soft buttons are concerned.

It was an awesome movie. I took my son to see it. And Thanx for the info.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
hasbrobot

hasbrobot

Reaction score
I guess everyone else is stumped regarding that motoblur leak as well. Maybe is was the original idea before moto pulled it from the build entirely. Who knows maybe they decided to go the plain vanilla route after pulling it?

OP
hasbrobot

hasbrobot

Reaction score
Looks like there's another leak. The build number is apparently 6.16.206

There starting to come out of the woodwork now. We must be getting close to the final release. I'm starting to feel the excitement!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
hasbrobot said:
Looks like there's another leak. The build number is apparently 6.16.206

There starting to come out of the woodwork now. We must be getting close to the final release. I'm starting to feel the excitement!

I would just remember the previous leaks, remember how people were stuck??? Lol. I'm not chancing it.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
hasbrobot

hasbrobot

Reaction score
I'm not chancing it either. Its not worth it to me but its sure nice to see this happening. It means we may see it soon!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
hasbrobot said:
I'm not chancing it either. Its not worth it to me but its sure nice to see this happening. It means we may see it soon!

Agreed. Hopefully soon we will.all have a nice cold sweet treat... and I like my cookie a little crunchy on my ICS lol.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!