Mini reboots keep happening

wardo

Reaction score
Since 4.3 was updated the other week, my wife's phone has had these random mini reboots 4 times.

Very weird, the phone first becomes unresponsive then blacks out. Samsung logo pop's up for a second, phone is back up and running within 30-45 seconds.

bbtkd

Reaction score
Since 4.3 was updated the other week, my wife's phone has had these random mini reboots 4 times.

Very weird, the phone first becomes unresponsive then blacks out. Samsung logo pop's up for a second, phone is back up and running within 30-45 seconds.

Try a battery pull - leave it out for at least a minute.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yup do what bbtkd said. And just for good measure, I'd take out the SIM card as well. Hopefully that remedies the problem.

OP
wardo

wardo

Reaction score
Done two 10 minute battery pulls. Will try the sim as I haven't tried that. Hopefully I don't need to hear her complaining of it again.

bbtkd

Reaction score
Done two 10 minute battery pulls. Will try the sim as I haven't tried that. Hopefully I don't need to hear her complaining of it again.

If she's noticed four reboots, wonder how many it's done when she's not looking? I seem to recall seeing at least one other person posting about this problem following the update, may want to seek out that thread.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
If the latest update has been installed, you may want to try a factory reset. Yeah it's not the answer you probably want to hear, but that'll help ensure that it's not a hardware issue either. I can also pretty much tell you that Verizon will do a factor reset for you before handing over a CLNR. Sometimes OTAs don't install smoothly and usually an FDR will help, however, definitely look for other remedies before proceeding with that step as it may not be necessary.

OP
wardo

wardo

Reaction score
I am going to let her play it out this week. Hopefully it goes away or it's time to wipe it.