Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Likely Coming to Verizon

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon-Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Mini-soon.jpg

The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini may actually show up on Verizon after-all. Some leaked pics showcasing the large, bold Verizon logo on a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini started making its rounds on the web over the week-end. Based upon appearances, the device appears jut like the international version of the SGS4 Mini. The Verizon version will include LTE however. Here's a breakdown of specs for the international version, just in case they remain largely the same:
  • Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
  • 4.3 inch Super AMOLED qHD display
  • 1.9MP front-facing camera
  • 8MP rear camera with LED flash
  • Dual-core 1.7GHz Snapdragon processor
  • 1.5GB of RAM
  • 8GB of internal memory
  • MicroSD card support
  • 1,900 mAh battery
What do you guys think? Are there any Samsung fans who prefer a smaller device excited by this?

Source: Engadget

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's interesting to me that OEM's seem to think that nobody wants a smaller screen with top-end specs.

jspradling7

Reaction score
I'm not excited about it but I definitely think there is a place in the market for phones that size. It's supposed to be a little bit more narrow than the Rezound which would make it easy to use with your off hand. It sounds like a great work/active area phone.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Had me until 1.5GB of RAM, 2GB has been the standard so long it's not very justifiable to go back.

Rhino94

Reaction score
It's interesting to me that OEM's seem to think that nobody wants a smaller screen with top-end specs.

I would agree. I like Motorola's idea of coming out with 3 different phones all of whom capture different ends of the spectrum. Samsung is now going to have offer phones that can compete with the Motorola mini

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Incidentally, 8gigs + SD >>>16 or 32gig internal every time.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Has anyone heard any additional news about this phone on Verizon? I can't find anything new. I like the size and feel of the Droid Mini, but would like something with a SD slot and preferably a replaceable battery. This is really the only smaller phone that meets those requirements.