Milestone a854 root, open recovery, custom roms help

kordris

Reaction score
Hello everyone I have read around and still cant find a answer 100 percent.. I even searched the web. I read lots of guides how to root a milestone a854 but I'm getting different types of errors.. First sites wants you to run the update.zip file which you cant do because you have to use the exploit if im correct. Now, I cant find any help on this problem trying to run a sbf file in rsd lite. I get the this error.
mad.gif

critical error
510b

My boot loader is 2c.6c, my phone is through alltel. I dont want to brick it. I tried to do a Motorola update and it screwed up my phone. Which i almost didn't get it replaced because i void the warranty. It actually reload onto the Verizon service, i didn't have internet access at all, and Alltel support couldn't fix it. I originally traded a htc wildfire for a milestone. Which the guy already had modded. Which it had a nano backups. My phone got stolen and ended doing a insurance claim. So now it has android 2.1 with the update1. I want to root it and be able to run a custom rom, like fire and ice, or like Cynanon mod. I would like to run open recovery, but dont need it if i can run the nanoid backups also. When i run the update.zip i get this error.
mad.gif

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:EOCD marker occurs after start of EOCD
E:signature verification failed.
Installation Aborted.

So if I'm not wrong you have to downgrade the software to run a exploit? Now what spf file should i use and is there any guide or forum with my ? already answered if anyone can point me please. I want to be able to use my milestone with my new hp touchpad. I want to be able to load up a hotspot or use the WiFi tether. Thanks for any help. If anyone needs more info you can pm me or even just post here. Thanks again.

Kordris