1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Milestone 2 keyboard stopped working

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by freddan007, Jan 1, 2011.

1. freddan007

freddan007 New Member

I recently rooted my phone and edited my keyboard layout files a little(/system/usr/keylayout/). I made up and down "z" and "x" but it didn't work instantly. I backed them up onto my sdcard and have restored them to their original state.

Then, like a day later I noticed the numbers and special characters had been shuffled. I assumed the device automaticly had switched layout from the milestone2 one to the qwerty.kl one. I tried the up and down keys and they produced x's and z's. Then after a while the phone started acting very weird:

1. The keyboard stopped working.
    2. When spamming keys for a while the phone will go to the homescreen and sometimes reboot.
    3. The menu, home, back keys all do the same thing. It is sometimes something of a combination of back and home. It fades to black and goes to the starting position of the current application. And sometimes the phone will freeze and reboot.
    4. Whenever I use the on-screen keyboard to erase a character or input a number the phone will perform something of a double back-action.

I have tried to to a factory reset in the privacy menu multiple times with my phone un-rooted.

I have also done a factory reset with the 'x' + power then @-key about 3 times but my problem is still there.

Any help on how to resolve this is appreciated.

Thanks!
  2. freddan007

freddan007 New Member

Search tags for this page
keyboard doesnt work on milestone
keyboard locks up motorola milestone
keyboard lockup in motorola milestone phones
keyboard stop working milestone 3
menu key problem on milestone 2
milesone 3 keyboard not working correctly

milestone 3 full keyboard problems

milestone 3 keyboard help