1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Key Remap - help needed

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by GigaJake, Aug 17, 2012.

1. GigaJake

GigaJake New Member

So one of the things I definitely do not like on the Droid 4 was the inclusion of a Caps Lock key. Seriously? WHO NEEDS TO SOUND THIS ANGRY ALL THE TIME? NO ONE. So one of the things I always immediately do when flashing a rom is go into the key layout and change this to a much more appropriate shift key. However, the latest cm9 build (8-15) seems to be giving me some issues.

The caps key is #222

Usually I go into /system/usr/keylayout/ and edit the qwerty.kl file. Sometimes I have to change the key 222 entry, sometimes I have to make my own. This does not seem to work this time though. Does cm9 use a different file for key layouts? I even edited the Generic.kl, which I'm pretty sure doesn't apply to the phone's physical keyboard.

Any advice or solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-----Resolved-----

So like 5 minutes after I posted this I realized it was the omap4-keypad.kl file that needed editing. Derp. Sorry!

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  2. ikari

ikari New Member

Cool! Can you add a 2-line guide on how to remap ****ty CAPS LOCK to a useful CTRL key?
    I'd remap OK to something more useful (like ESC, maybe?), never found a use for this key, ever.
Search tags for this page

android razr remap volume button

droid 4 ctrl key

galaxys3 generic.kl

gs3 generic.kl codes

how to remap a broken power button on sg3

how to remap lock button galaxy

motorola droid keyboard remap

need to remap broken hold button droid please help

remap android softkey layout

rezound generic.kl

samsunf s3 volume remap