Key Remap - help needed

GigaJake

Reaction score
So one of the things I definitely do not like on the Droid 4 was the inclusion of a Caps Lock key. Seriously? WHO NEEDS TO SOUND THIS ANGRY ALL THE TIME? NO ONE. So one of the things I always immediately do when flashing a rom is go into the key layout and change this to a much more appropriate shift key. However, the latest cm9 build (8-15) seems to be giving me some issues.

The caps key is #222

Usually I go into /system/usr/keylayout/ and edit the qwerty.kl file. Sometimes I have to change the key 222 entry, sometimes I have to make my own. This does not seem to work this time though. Does cm9 use a different file for key layouts? I even edited the Generic.kl, which I'm pretty sure doesn't apply to the phone's physical keyboard.

Any advice or solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-----Resolved-----

So like 5 minutes after I posted this I realized it was the omap4-keypad.kl file that needed editing. Derp. Sorry!

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ikari

Reaction score
Cool! Can you add a 2-line guide on how to remap ****ty CAPS LOCK to a useful CTRL key?
I'd remap OK to something more useful (like ESC, maybe?), never found a use for this key, ever.