Microsoft Releases... Android Apps? A Lock Screen & Traveler's Companion

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Oct 23, 2014.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

It appears that "bizarre news Thursday" has continued and culminated in the strangest story yet! Microsoft just released two Android apps! ...and they are actually pretty good!!! :eek:

Although it is truly hard to fathom (hyperbole & some sarcasm is intended), Microsoft just put out a nifty new Lock Screen app for Android called, "Next Lock Screen." The other Android app they released is called "Journeys & Notes" which is both a traveler's companion and traveler's social app. Both are pretty impressive. Here's a description summary for each below with Google Play Links:

Microsoft Next Lock Screen - Google Play Store = Next Lock Screen - Android Apps on Google Play
    Microsoft Journeys & Notes - Google Play Store: Journeys Notes - Android Apps on Google Play
    Let us know what you think of Microsoft's Android creations. This news probably isn't as insane as it would be if Apple were the one creating apps for Android. We won't hold our breath for that...

2. RyanPm40

RyanPm40 Active Member

Ratings:
    +131
    I like the idea and design of NextScreen a lot, but it's too buggy on my S4 right now. It randomly doesn't show up when I turn my screen on, the "contacts" icon opens my phone dialer, and sometimes my phones default lock screen will come up after the NextScreen.

3. xeene

xeene Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Interesting, now Microsoft could port over their file Explorer and media player to capture a good chunk of that utility market. Or they could port Internet Explorer for the corporate heads, it's still the only browser fully supported by most businesses. I like what I'm seeing. Google and Microsoft working together can only lead to better things.