Microsoft Exchange Email Bug/Issue

engemasa

Reaction score
I'm having some issues with my work email (Microsoft Exchange Email) and pushing to my phone. I'm not having any issue getting my email connected to it, but my problem is automatically getting the email. I have the frequency set to "Automatic (push)" but I don't get any emails to my phone unless I open up the Email app (the pre-installed one). Once I'm looking at my inbox, the phone then "refreshes" automatically and get's any email's that have not yet been pushed to my phone. Basically I can't get the phone to automatically get my email.

Does anyone have any clue what's going on with this?

Last edited:

RVO27

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. Did you ever find a fix?

Thanks,
Rob

OP
engemasa

engemasa

Reaction score
Well as if today our company upgraded to Microsoft Exchange Sever 2010 and will not be allowing Android to sync.

So yeah, my IT guy said, and I quote, "Get a blackberry or an iPhone"

I've heard Touchdown is supose to be the best solution for the Motorola Droid, but I don't want to pay $19.99 just to get my work email on my phone.

In this case.... In a world of doesn't, Droid doesn't do exchange either. :-(

Last edited:

Droids

Reaction score
No, it's your exchange admins that don't do Android (or ActiveSync).

If they require a pin or remote wipe, well that's an optional security policy they have put in place, and I believe Touchdown solves that but I dunno whether it works with Exchange 2010 yet.

More than likely, it's a mental block with the admins, and so may are clueless. Be nice and ask if there is a workaround, if they say no, then they all use BB's or iPhones, or it's a high security company. My vote goes with clueless.

NetNathan

Reaction score
I think he is jerking your chain.
It is way harder to make an exchange server only send mail to BB or iphone or an assigned rule for only some mail servers. It is way easier to respond to any valid request for mail from any "user" with an email account on the exchange server.
Do you know the Internet side IP of the mail server or firewall? Try using that IP and the user name and login password that you use to log in on a work pc. Try without and the with SSL. SSL is usually not setup.

Sent from NetNathan's Droid using Tapatalk.

OP
engemasa

engemasa

Reaction score
Well I do know that our system requires SSL, and I think that the IT guy I was talking to mentioned that the ability to do a remote wipe wasn't there. (I think that's what he said)

maverick1970

Reaction score
I've been using the Moto Droid since November and have not gotten my work Microsoft exchange server email to function. I switched to the HTC Eris and it works with no problems with my work email. What gives? Both phones run Android 2.1