Menu Button Not Working

helpermonkey

Reaction score
Hi there,
My phone seems to be in its dying days and i'm just hoping to hold onto it long enough to see a new Galaxy Nexus hit the market. In the meantime, the menu button on my droid 2 (the one all the way to the left) has stopped responding. Occasionally, I can get it to work if i reset the phone but for the most part, it just doesn't respond. The home, back, and search button work fine however. While I couldn't find anything here, several other sites have mentioned that this might be software as opposed to hardware. So short of re-flashing the device, I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for trouble shooting this issue?

Some other useful pieces of information: I'm currently running Liberty v2.0; BusyBox, SuperUser, & Rom manager are all up to date; when using the soft keyboard, i find that i have trouble sometimes with the a button; I use Go Launcher as well.

I'm happy to implement a work around, but I'm just not sure what the best bet is.

jgrubbs

Reaction score
you can use root explorer and find your button mapping list and remap another to be the menu button (camera button for chance) had do do this on my old droid one (power button went bad)