Memory Cards...

pennypritty1

Reaction score
I did a search but found no discussion on this simple question:

I know that the droid supports up to a 16gb card... has anyone tried a 32gb in their droid yet? In truth it's a hassle trying to find one but I do believe they're out there... at least from my google searches.

I figure it's easier than having to fight opening the back of my droid and switching up my mini cards. It's so danged-difficult to pry off. I'm afraid if I keep doing that it'll snap or damage the back of my phone...

MdicnMan

Reaction score

I know that the droid supports up to a 16gb card... has anyone tried a 32gb in their droid yet? In truth it's a hassle trying to find one but I do believe they're out there... at least from my google searches.

I figure it's easier than having to fight opening the back of my droid and switching up my mini cards. It's so danged-difficult to pry off. I'm afraid if I keep doing that it'll snap or damage the back of my phone...

The Droid supports 32gb but you can't buy one yet. When you can, just pop it in. :icon_ banana:
On the removing the back of the phone thing... if anything the back is too easy to remove...you are sliding it I hope (just checking)

Last edited:

jen_005

Reaction score

I find that opening the phone is easy - it's the SD card I struggle with. My fingers just aren't tiny enough to grasp it and pry it out!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
my fingers are little and it's STILL horrible pullin that card out lol. (i do hope you know to unmount the card in settings before you just pull it out) i search daily for 32GB and they just aren't available yet. i know there are some on amazon and ebay but they're from china or somewhere and have bad reviews. i dont trust em. i know sandisk has been talking about releasing one but they're milkin the 16gb for every drop they can get first.

Silver Member
Reaction score
mcro SD 32gb cards aren't available yet.

the best way to remove the sd card is to remove the battery. once you've done that, you don't have to pinch the card, it slides right out.

Tom Meyer

Reaction score
Backing up the Droid

In the event I lose it, can I simply buy a new one and have all my settings, widgets, shortcuts mirrored like my first one? My Blackberry was capable of it.

Also, if I upgrade to a 32 bit card, will my info be erased?

Silver Member
Reaction score
you'll have to check the available backup apps on the market to see if they support that.

replacing your card only replaces the info on that card.

jen_005

Reaction score
Haha, yes Corinacakes, I do unmount the card first. Although the very first time I didn't. D:

640k: I've always taken the battery out to remove the SD card... Maybe mine is just really wedged in there!

OP
pennypritty1

pennypritty1

Reaction score

I find that opening the phone is easy - it's the SD card I struggle with. My fingers just aren't tiny enough to grasp it and pry it out!

LOL--I have long nails so getting the SD card isn't as difficult, except when I end up flinging it across the room while trying to pry it out, so I have to go slow with it. (it's a zippy little thing and tiny to find on a hardwood floor.) LOL

But yea, I have more issue with pulling that danged back off...

I fill my 16gb up sooo quickly I have resorted to deleting movies and installing a rotation of other stuff rather than going through the removing/replacing part. :)