media sound not working

tkuligowski

Reaction score
ringtones work, notifcations, boot sound..just no media sound. In other words no youtube, pandora, netflix , music. If I plug in headphones it works fine but external speakers won't play the media audio. I don't know if this would affect it but I had my phone in my pocket and got wet on a water ride. The phone didn't get soaked, just a little bit of moisture on the screen when I pulled it out of my pocket. The watermark didn't change color. Honestly I'm thinking this is a software issue since it plays all notification sounds. I did a reset on the phone...didn't make a bit of difference.

OP
T

tkuligowski

Reaction score
something else I noticed...I couldn't hear a phone call unless i turned it to speaker phone.

OP
T

tkuligowski

Reaction score
well I know nobody responded this..so at this point i'm talking to myself. I did like 3 factory resets on the phone and it finally started working properly again. I've only had it for about a week. I hope it isn't a sign of things to come.

ArgentoVivo

Reaction score
I just ran into the same problem today. no media sounds, ringer and notifications quieter than they should be. I've uninstalled a bunch of apps, tried reboots... guess a factory resort is in order. Thanks for the info, this problem has been confounding me for a couple hours.

ArgentoVivo

Reaction score
Couple of addendum, i have an original DX. Also per the audio settings, it thinks I have headphones plugged in though I don't. If I plug in headphones, the media sounds work again, but only if I have headphones plugged in.

ArgentoVivo

Reaction score
Okay, fixed my problem by shoving a toothpick into the headphone Jack and fiddling with it.

mojomojo12

Reaction score
well I know nobody responded this..so at this point i'm talking to myself. I did like 3 factory resets on the phone and it finally started working properly again. I've only had it for about a week. I hope it isn't a sign of things to come.
I've got the same exact problem on my lg optimus v and I reset the phone just once should I do it more times til it starts working properly? Like you all my notifications sounds work but my call volume does not and neither does any kind of media volume.

jsa127

Reaction score
Just had this problem happen to me today. i took the battery out for about 1 to 2 minutes put it back in and the audio works perfectly. hope this helps anyone else who has this problem.

dmwoods

Reaction score

JesusJamz_org

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Lg with Android 2.3.6
Just had this problem happen to me today. i took the battery out for about 1 to 2 minutes put it back in and the audio works perfectly. hope this helps anyone else who has this problem.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I have been without sound for about a week. I read your post and realized I should do that as my first attempt at a fix. Such a simple solution but it works perfectly!

Step 1 - Pop off the back cover
Step 2 - Remove the Battery
Step 3 - Go get a cup of coffee (this is what I did to let the 2 minutes go by quicker.)
Step 4 - replace the battery.

I knew it was going to work immediately because the reboot sound came on...

Shadow42311

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
I have these problems and sometimes the media sounds play but sometimes not, and when they do it's very quiet. Please help