Measuring Distance

Reaction score
I assume there is an app that I can use to measure distance and average speed etc for both walking and driving ? Maybe Google Maps can do this ?

Anyone have a recommendation ?

Thanks.

droider4life

Reaction score
I assume there is an app that I can use to measure distance and average speed etc for both walking and driving ? Maybe Google Maps can do this ?

Thanks.
There are a couple out there.. i use "my tracks" and "speedometer" both work good for me...

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thanks.
if you assume there is one, have you tried searching the marketplace?

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
+1 for "my tracks" I use it to measure distances all the time. It will give you info like max speed, average speed, distance, terrain/altitude change. It is very useful.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maps has a measure feature in labs, not sure if that fits your needs, it is point to point straightline, but can do multiple legs.

OP
H
Reaction score

Can you please explain the purpose of this post ?? This is a forum for asking questions and getting recommendations. I have no idea what your goal was here. Do you recommend that for everything, meaning no one should visit the forum at all, just search Google and the marketplace ?

Silver Member
Reaction score

Can you please explain the purpose of this post ?? This is a forum for asking questions and getting recommendations. I have no idea what your goal was here. Do you recommend that for everything, meaning no one should visit the forum at all, just search Google and the marketplace ?
These forums cover a wide spectrum of questions and answers. It is often a good idea to search for an answer to your question before creating a new thread. Your original post indicated that you assumed such an application already existed. Since you were under the assumption, I merely asked if you had taken the time to search out for said application before creating your thread.

If we all created threads, instead of searching for answers, how would anyone learn how to answer questions in threads created?

Give a man a fish...

OP
H
Reaction score
You said search the marketplace not the forum. Searching the marketplace using what words ? I just tried, "measure distance" finds nothing. Assuming I found something I would have no idea whether it was good.

The best way to kill a forum is to become a search nazi. there's always new people with new knowledge and new ideas, forums are for threads, yet you want to cut down on threads ? Interesting paradox.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it doesn't look to me like 640k was being a smartass.. he was asking a logical question about your question. most everything on the marketplace is free, so give it a try and see if something works for you. i understand asking for recommendations, but all he was asking is if you had tried any of them. simmer down.

WERA689

Administrator
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
One+ One, Nexus 5
You said search the marketplace not the forum. Searching the marketplace using what words ? I just tried, "measure distance" finds nothing. Assuming I found something I would have no idea whether it was good.

The best way to kill a forum is to become a search nazi. there's always new people with new knowledge and new ideas, forums are for threads, yet you want to cut down on threads ? Interesting paradox.

Perhaps if you had stated "I tried searching the marketplace and found nothing", 640 wouldn't have asked if you had done so!

In a forum as large and active as this one is, there is a pretty good probability that any given question has already been asked and/or answered. Some people are simply too lazy to search first; others are too 'search challenged' to get the info they need.

In any event, precise use of words is very helpful in preventing misunderstandings such as this from occurring. Just sayin' :)

patriot839

Reaction score
yes researching the market place or this forum are not always that easy for everyone nor for everything so good idea to come here the mods and admin dont seem helpful but most of us reg. members are willing to help so to awnser your question ive tried a few and like the others i recomend my tracks it seems to be more versitile than the others good luck and if you have more questions please feel free to come here and ask dont let these guys scare you away they are a very small part of a wonderful forum

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes researching the market place or this forum are not always that easy for everyone nor for everything so good idea to come here the mods and admin dont seem helpful but most of us reg. members are willing to help so to awnser your question ive tried a few and like the others i recomend my tracks it seems to be more versitile than the others good luck and if you have more questions please feel free to come here and ask dont let these guys scare you away they are a very small part of a wonderful forum

he's right.. i did come off a bit defensive. my bad. thing is though, you've been here since november.. even if you don't have other forum experience, you should know by now that things CAN be taken the wrong way or out of context. 640k was just trying to clarify what you had asked. i'm sorry it turned into a spitting contest, but it seems like a misunderstanding as far as intentions go... can we just move on?