Do you know of a reliable pedometer app?

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by Alpha-Dummy, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Alpha-Dummy

Alpha-Dummy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    SM-J510FN
    Does anyone know of a reliable Pedometer app that meets the following criteria?

I am looking for a good pedometer app that I would like to use therapeutically to determine the actual daily walking distance. However, it should meet the following criteria:

1. Distance measurement with GPS, because apps I tested only determined the number of steps relatively precisely via sensor and estimate the distance by means of estimated!!! step length. The differences between these apps were considerable.

2. Since I take the tram between my "walking exercises", the app has to recognize this and pause automatically. After all, I don't feel like fumbling the phone out of my pocket, unlocking it and pressing Pause or Start each time.

The apps I tested (Pacer, Runtime, "Walk with Map My Walk" & "Pedometer Step Counter Weight Calorie Tracker") didn't do that and that's why I'm asking here now.

3. A small extra bonus would be if the GPS deactivates itself when no "walking activity" is detected. That would save battery but I can also switch it off manually.

PS: Free or paid, both are welcome. If the app does it's job, a few bucks for it don't matter.

2. Alpha-Dummy

Alpha-Dummy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    SM-J510FN
    Maybe I didn't make myself clear:
    I'm looking for an app, to measure my walked distance, counting the steps would be okay too, but the variations between the different apps are just horrible. That's why I was hoping to find a pedometer app that uses GPS to determine the walking distance, but only the walked one.
    IMHO you could automatically pause the measurement if GPS detects a movement but the pedometer remains "deaf".
    THANK YOU!!!

3. osaco

osaco Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, did you try Google Fit?