Market Update Notification Never Shows

jnd121

Reaction score
I notice that I never receive a notification from the Market stating that I have an update available to 1 or more of my applications. I have to manually go into the Market and look at my downloads. Is there a way to fix this?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine does this too....even with apps that weren't backed up with Astro....I still have to manually check the Market for updates

Q

qoncept

Mine does it sometimes, sometimes it doesn't. Haven't figured out why yet, either.

JLB09

Reaction score
I notice that I never receive a notification from the Market stating that I have an update available to 1 or more of my applications. I have to manually go into the Market and look at my downloads. Is there a way to fix this?

Wow they seem to come pretty regularly for me. I have noticed that if you click out of the notification without immediately attending to it there is no place to recover that list, which is a bummer. I wish there was a way to get the screen to show all the downloads and thus show if an update was available.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
Wow they seem to come pretty regularly for me. I have noticed that if you click out of the notification without immediately attending to it there is no place to recover that list, which is a bummer. I wish there was a way to get the screen to show all the downloads and thus show if an update was available.

If you click the menu button when in the Market, there's a downloads option - this brings up all the apps you have installed and tells you which ones need updated.

OP
jnd121

jnd121

Reaction score

If you click the menu button when in the Market, there's a downloads option - this brings up all the apps you have installed and tells you which ones need updated.

This is how I've been checking for updates... manually.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
I've gotten in the habit of just checking the Market every morning to see if there's anything new. Occasionally, I'll get an update notification, but not very often.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've noticed that a lot of people didn't know that you could check your "downloads" section of the Market for updates to apps...

JLB09

Reaction score

Thanks that is exactly what I hoped was available. And there was an update that I had not received a notice on - so this will be great! I had been given another suggestion that was also working but this might be a bit better.