Market Frustrations

chrispt

Reaction score
So, I went to update to the newer version of DropBox today with a lot of Download Unsuccessful errors. Not sure if this is the root of my issues. So, the DropBox download seemed to interminably show the downloading status. When I went to try to cancel the download the Market kept force closing. So, I went into the Market application's info screen under the Application settings and cleared cache and data. I was able to get DropBox installed, but under Downloads it still shows "Installing" for DropBox (even though in the notification bar it shows it was successful) and it's like the Market downloads area hasn't resynced with the list of installed software so it's showing none of what I have installed is there (i realize this is due to the Clear Data). Any idea how to solve this flakiness?

lyam

Reaction score
Same problem, and only with DropBox it seems. Rooted, stock 2.2 here.

So, I went to update to the newer version of DropBox today with a lot of Download Unsuccessful errors. Not sure if this is the root of my issues. So, the DropBox download seemed to interminably show the downloading status. When I went to try to cancel the download the Market kept force closing. So, I went into the Market application's info screen under the Application settings and cleared cache and data. I was able to get DropBox installed, but under Downloads it still shows "Installing" for DropBox (even though in the notification bar it shows it was successful) and it's like the Market downloads area hasn't resynced with the list of installed software so it's showing none of what I have installed is there (i realize this is due to the Clear Data). Any idea how to solve this flakiness?

OP
C

chrispt

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to "resync" the market app so it realizes that these programs are installed?

CoolBreeze

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to solve your issue, but I did experience that with DropBox and Barcode Scanner this morning. I just kept re-trying and both did update after a number of retries. I was thinking it was a reception issue, but it sounds like it might not have been if others experienced it as well.

strang66

Reaction score
I have been having this same issue with dropbox all day. Still have not been able to download it.