Market is missing!

tokytong

Reaction score
Hello to all of you droid masters. I am a long time viewer/first time poster. I have a bionic with the 902 system. I had rooted my phone but only for the reason of removing bloat. I don't know how, but it seems like i may have somehow done something to get market to disappear. When i go into my system/apps, it is still there. I have tried moving it to the SD card and then putting it back and changing permissions and reinstalling. That didn't work. I tried moving to SD, then installing a new file but that didn't work either. It installs fine, but when done, it only gives me the option to be "done", not "open". I have tried clearing data. Cache is empty. I have battery pulled a few different times. It is still showing up under my apps when i go to manage apps, but i can find it nowhere on my phone desktop. Anyone have any ideas?

illmatic636

Reaction score
Try going to settings/application/managed application/select all tab/market/clear data. Reboot.

Good luck. If no good, try re-flashing a stock 902 rom without wiping anything.

OP
T

tokytong

Reaction score
How do i flashboot WITHOUT wiping? I had thought that flashes took the phone back to factory. Forgive my ignorance

illmatic636

Reaction score
The market has changed its name to Google play. look for that.

OP
T

tokytong

Reaction score
Ah. That worked. Thank you so much. I was becoming rather frustrated