Maps

ntrddragn

Reaction score
What's up with the map? I just used today and it just say turn left, right exit. It doesn't say the street names anymore. I can't find the setting for it.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
What's up with the map? I just used today and it just say turn left, right exit. It doesn't say the street names anymore. I can't find the setting for it.

I heard that a recent update killed the street names, I haven't used navigation in a little while. If it was the update, I am not sure if there is a setting somewhere hidden that can turn them back on.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the latest Google maps installed on my TB and it was giving me the street names when using turn by turn directions with it on Sunday.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I have the latest Google maps installed on my TB and it was giving me the street names when using turn by turn directions with it on Sunday.

Hmm that is strange, it does seem to be a problem with the most recent update though. Google Groups <-- there are many other hits if you search around. Maybe it is an ICS/Galaxy Nexus thing.

Unfortunately Google isn't the best at responding to bug reports, or if this was intentionally removed for some reason (perhaps it was giving the wrong street name too often?).

johnnyb15613

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just used my navigation all weekend going and coming from Niagra Falls, and used it this morning to go to our jobsite and it worked just fine!?!?!?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I just used my navigation all weekend going and coming from Niagra Falls, and used it this morning to go to our jobsite and it worked just fine!?!?!?

That is indeed strange as well. I can say it worked fine for me as well today. I used it to drive to the hardware store that is about 5 miles from my house, but it was announcing the names as normal.

But the OP isn't alone with this situation, so something fishy is going on. Maybe it is location related? Really just taking shots in the dark here.

OP
N

ntrddragn

Reaction score
I guess it isnt just me. i thought it was setting somewhere. LOL

johnnyb15613

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My wife used hers yesterday and didn't say any names.......maybe its a location thing?!?!?!

bwnet2k

Reaction score
I just downloaded v. 6.7 today and the map is 8 years old! Can someone tell me how to "rollback" to an earlier version?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I just downloaded v. 6.7 today and the map is 8 years old! Can someone tell me how to "rollback" to an earlier version?

To uninstall updates go to Settings, Apps, then select Maps. You'll see the uninstall updates option there.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS