Making a black status bar, a few questions.

Webst3r

Reaction score
I have everything in place. I just want to make sure that when I push it, and for some reason, nothing will work (Because I'm modifying the framework), that I can "backup". I know there is no backup option in the recovery. So I guess if it doesn't work, I'll just have to do factory reset ect.? I have everything backed up with titanium, and I'm fine with doing the root process over again.

To clarify, I'm not going to release this as an actual theme, because I just took the files from another theme, and seeing if it will work. I just took the files, and moved them into the correct folders in the framework-res.apk. So I don't think I have to do any XML/services.jar modifying, but if I do let me know.

mazz0310

Reaction score
I have everything in place. I just want to make sure that when I push it, and for some reason, nothing will work (Because I'm modifying the framework), that I can "backup". I know there is no backup option in the recovery. So I guess if it doesn't work, I'll just have to do factory reset ect.? I have everything backed up with titanium, and I'm fine with doing the root process over again.

To clarify, I'm not going to release this as an actual theme, because I just took the files from another theme, and seeing if it will work. I just took the files, and moved them into the correct folders in the framework-res.apk. So I don't think I have to do any XML/services.jar modifying, but if I do let me know.

I would be extremely careful with that as it seems to be very sketchy. First off, without a recovery that could be dangerous, Factory Reset does not restore the framework, so if it doesn't work, you'll have to be able to replace the framework from the recovery (using adb).

Also I don't think copy and paste from other themes will work because the different screen size. This is where things can go wrong because if the X has a different framework than the theme you're copying from you're going to run into a lot of problems.

jbreaz

Reaction score
Don't try this I tried this yesterday and my phone will not boot up it just sits on the Motorola sign and when I boot into recovery and plug my usb into my computer nothing happens can anyone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mazz0310

Reaction score
Don't try this I tried this yesterday and my phone will not boot up it just sits on the Motorola sign and when I boot into recovery and plug my usb into my computer nothing happens can anyone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in the recovery, when you plug in the usb nothing will happen, but when you go on your computer and try to use adb shell it should work.

I can try to help you if you give me more information

jbreaz

Reaction score
in the recovery, when you plug in the usb nothing will happen, but when you go on your computer and try to use adb shell it should work.

I can try to help you if you give me more information[/QUOTE]

When I type adb shell it says device not found like the phone is not connected

mazz0310

Reaction score
In that case I'm not really sure. Are there any options in recovery like "Mount System" or anything along those lines? Luckily I haven't had such a problem, but this is why Motorola should just release the SBF. Also there is an update.zip from the update that was just released, you can try to install the update.zip and it should hopefully fix your problem.

jbreaz

Reaction score
I downloaded the one on alldroid and it doesn't work do you know of any other place I can get it? That's what I have been looking for because that's pretty much the only thing you can do in recovery besides wipe

mazz0310

Reaction score
I downloaded the one on alldroid and it doesn't work do you know of any other place I can get it? That's what I have been looking for because that's pretty much the only thing you can do in recovery besides wipe

What happens when you try the one from alldroid, (only one im aware of).

jbreaz

Reaction score

What happens when you try the one from alldroid, (only one im aware of).

E:It says failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

qoncept

Reaction score
Did you try to install a Droid ROM? Just wait until someone figures out how to replace the status bar on the X and follow their instructions. It's a pretty high risk thing to play with for how simple of a change it should be.

teenfaces

Reaction score
I have a dark grey if your interested statusbar and transparent windowshade

JsinLegacy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you would have to alter services.jar in order to have a white clock