[Theme] NexTANG by Manup456 for Droid X Froyo 2.2 (v.01)

mike919

Reaction score
Download here!----->http://www.mediafire.com/?04hm2zz6zht8786

Ok, so here we have the start of a GREAT Orange theme from Manup456. All credit for this goes to him as I just ported it to the X with some minor modifications. He does some GREAT stuff.

*** Note*** This has ONLY been tried on a fully deodexed system (system and app folders)!!!! If you haven't done this, you should be able to push the framework-res.apk at the very least. EVERYTHING ELSE IS DONE ON YOUR OWN ACCORD. I am not held responsible for what you may do to your handset.

IT WILL SERVE YOU WELL TO ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP. THIS SHOULD GO WITHOUT SAYING :)

If your system is NOT deodexed, do it HERE. <------ Thanks Webst3r for writing the tutorial!

Whats Themed:
Entire Framework
Settings
YouTube
services.jar
BlurCamera
Browser
Gmail
MediaGallery
Vending (Market)

snap20100827_152009.png

snap20100827_143348.png

snap20100827_131756.png

snap20100827_131702.png

snap20100827_131550.png

I made changes to the framework-res and services.jar to change the notifications and all colors to orange. White was kinda boring :) let me know if you'd rather have white and I can post a separate services.jar/framework. thanks!!!

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
Download and extract Nex-TANG.zip to the folder of your choosing.

Place these files in your ADB "tools" folder. (the folder where adb.exe is found)

THE BEST WAY TO DO THIS IS IN KOUSH'S BOOTSTRAP RECOVERY!

Leave your phone connected to your PC, and reboot into ClockWorkMod recovery VIA BOOTSTRAPPER.

Head to Mounts and Storage.

Mount system. (when the system is MOUNTED for RW, the screen will say "unmount")

with your command pointed towards your "tools" folder, (ex. mine is C:\tools)

type adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework
type adb push services.jar /system/framework
type adb push Settings.apk /system/app
type adb push YouTube.apk /system/app
type adb push BlurCamera.apk /system/app
type adb push Browser.apk /system/app
type adb push Gmail.apk /system/app
type adb push MediaGallery.apk /system/app
type adb push Vending.apk /system/app

UNMount system (when the system is mounted as RO, the screen will say "Mount")

reboot and enjoy!

***The phone WILL take a WHILE to boot the first time after services.jar changes.*** PLEASE be patient. (as in if it takes more then 10 minutes, THEN give up)

validoption

Reaction score
THE BEST WAY TO DO THIS IS IN KOUSH'S BOOTSTRAP RECOVERY!

)

Is this because pushing the framework-res.apk to the device when it's fully loaded causes it to reboot almost immediately after the file is pushed?

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
that is exactly why i suggest this! Less chance of an issue of not being able to remount the system as Read-Only!