Major Droid Issues!! Please help!

micheledroid

Reaction score
Hello all! New here. I have a Motorola Droid 2 (Verizon). I have had it about 16 months. I loved the phone and had no issues with it until the update a few months ago. Ever since then it's been nothing but trouble: locks up during text messages, exits out of the text message, takes sometimes minutes to send a text, sometimes won't let me answer a call, takes forever to open up apps, brings up the white circular arrows in the status bar all the time, the phone gets really hot, battery drains SUPER fast, sometimes the entire phone locks up and forces me to pull the battery out. I have researched these issues and have tried lots of things: removed unnecessary apps, removed "outlook", removed word recognition, and I even took it to Verizon last month and they did a factory reset. The reset seemed to help for a few weeks, but now the phone is back to it (even worse). I am not up for a new phone until the end of April and did not purchase the additional insurance.

It is making me crazy!!! I literally can't use the phone most of the time anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions? :(

Insidious

Reaction score
Try a factory reset.
Menu>settings>privacy>factory data reset. It will wipe all of your apps, and you will have to reconfigure your accounts and settings, but it may fix your problems. If the issues persist, and the phone is under a year old; call customer service.

Sent from my Cellular telecommunications device, manufactured by Motorola.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Have you tried a home replacement and text messaging replacement app? For home replacement I like ADW and for texts I like GO SMS. Usually stock apps are kinda buggy.