Droid issues

oleksza18

Reaction score
I've had the moto droid 1 since june, and I love it until recently. In the past month I have had force closes, text messages going to the wrong person, people texting me with another contacts number. The phone has froze and rebooted itself I have been to a verizon store atleast 15 times and they finally gave me a new phone only for it to be force close and sending text messages to people i dont have selected again. how do i get verizon to not give me a [Mod Edit] droid

Last edited by a moderator:

wseyller

Reaction score
It is unlikely that two different phones cause the same exact issues. That is unless a majority of people with the same model is having the same problems. I have never hear of such problems from any Moto droid 1 user including myself.

If it were me, my thinking would be...

Is there anything that I did to the phone that could have cause the issue. It could be something simple that you don't realize, such as installing a app that messes with messaging and causes force closes. Might be an app that you don't realize is causing a problem and you installed the same app on your second phone. I not saying that is what it is. I'm just giving an example.

One possible way to rule out everything is to wipe the phone to absolute stock. Use it for a while and see if anything messes up. Change settings or install apps one at a time and if the issue starts back up. I am not sure that is a reasonable method but I would at least run the phone vanilla as possible to see if the problems persist.

jbdow

Reaction score
that sounds like the logical approach to me-

r, john

OP
O

oleksza18

Reaction score
It is unlikely that two different phones cause the same exact issues. That is unless a majority of people with the same model is having the same problems. I have never hear of such problems from any Moto droid 1 user including myself.

Is there anything that I did to the phone that could have cause the issue. It could be something simple that you don't realize, such as installing a app that messes with messaging and causes force closes. Might be an app that you don't realize is causing a problem and you installed the same app on your second phone. I not saying that is what it is. I'm just giving an example.

One possible way to rule out everything is to wipe the phone to absolute stock. Use it for a while and see if anything messes up. Change settings or install apps one at a time and if the issue starts back up. I am not sure that is a reasonable method but I would at least run the phone vanilla as possible to see if the problems persist.

After the first 4 times the phone was reset completely i didnt install any of the apps i had on before, I understand that there is a problem with the stock messaging app but i still get force closes

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Watch the language in the posts and thread titles -

wseyller

Reaction score

After the first 4 times the phone was reset completely i didnt install any of the apps i had on before, I understand that there is a problem with the stock messaging app but i still get force closes

If the phone is still having problems immediately after a reset then i don't know what to tell you. It is possible to have two bad phones like that but if that is the case then don't bother going to vegas with your luck. I can only say bother Verizon again about it. I am not sure how much that is worth. Either they can't help you or you get a third moto droid 1. If it came down to it I would probably give up with it and get a different model all together and start over.

Also i never heard of a problem with the stock messaging app, and I don't know if that is true or not. I can only state that I have never had a problem with mine.

Last edited: