Main Gmail Account

jbdavies

Reaction score
So... I don't know how, but I think my phone is using the wrong Gmail account as the main one on my phone.

Is there a way to check to see which one it is using, and if it is using the wrong one, how to change it to the correct one?

Thanks!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If all accounts are set up to sync, then when you compose an email there is a pull down menu so you can select which account to send out with. Is that what's happening?

OP
jbdavies

jbdavies

Reaction score
Ha. Sorry. I guess I should have been more specific.

When I go to the Android Market on my computer, it says I don't have any phones linked to my Gmail account (my main one, the one that I've used for that type of stuff since day one). When I go into account settings, it only lists my Original Droid, not the TBolt.

So, the only thing I could think of, is somehow on my phone, the main Gmail account got switched. Is that possible?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

When I go to the Android Market on my computer, it says I don't have any phones linked to my Gmail account (my main one, the one that I've used for that type of stuff since day one). When I go into account settings, it only lists my Original Droid, not the TBolt.

So, the only thing I could think of, is somehow on my phone, the main Gmail account got switched. Is that possible?

Not sure, but you may have to do a Factory Hard Reset and then make sure the first email address you enter is the one you want associated with market. I think that will work, but not totally sure as I've never actually performed a Factory Hard Reset.

I did find this: How to Change Gmail Account on Android Market without Factory Reset | SLEETHERZ

Good luck.

OP
jbdavies

jbdavies

Reaction score

Not sure, but you may have to do a Factory Hard Reset and then make sure the first email address you enter is the one you want associated with market. I think that will work, but not totally sure as I've never actually performed a Factory Hard Reset.

I did find this: How to Change Gmail Account on Android Market without Factory Reset | SLEETHERZ

Good luck.
Thanks! I'll give that a try. Hopefully that works. I don't feel like doing a Factory Reset. Haha.

OP
jbdavies

jbdavies

Reaction score
Well that didn't work. I'm emailing back and forth with Google right now, hopefully they can come up with a solution.