Mail Notification - LED?

sparty569

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get the LED to flash when an e-mail comes in? I get an e-mail and I dont know about it until I look at my phone for some other reason.

I have looked in the settings > Notifications and only see enable notifications, vibrate and ringtone.

Does anyone know how to turn this on?

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
did you try trackball settings? That controls the color of the LED.

Some colors dont work due to the hardware limitation of the D1 led.

White, sapphire, magenta...to name a couple.

Green, cyan, red, orange (I believe) all work.

This information can be found in the sticky here in the forum. Or a simple search as well.

schollianmj

Reaction score
so.. on Cyanogen i had white working as well as magenta. are these limitations just inherent to MIUI? or are you saying it is that way on D1 regardless of ROM?

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have never been able to use white or magenta with other ROMs.

JLangevin

Reaction score
I currently have Magenta setup on both my wifes and my droids. It shows up as a pink looking color and is used as her text message color in Handcent. She also has hers setup for all of her text message colors.

I have the same issue of no email notification and when I change the color of the trackball in settings, i get a contantly lit LED, even when I leave the menu. Is this normal? I just figured I was doing something wrong, but since I am a constant user of my phone, I just left it alone.

Oh, and just so there are no "shens" called..

magenta.jpg

I dont know if this is just something different with some droid1s compared to others, but magenta clearly works.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
i've had white work just fine on some ROMs, but not on others. I wish it would work again, but it doesn't on UD for some reason....magenta definitely works, use it all the time

Z

ZeroBarrier

My apologies, I double checked and it's white, pink and sapphire that don't work on the Droid. Magenta is one of the few that do, I must have confused it with pink.