Magnification of text?

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is an app to be able to magnify the cursor when you are trying to go back in text you have already written? Like on the iphone when you are typing something in the web address bar and you need to go back and fix something it magnify's where you are putting the cursor so you can easily put it where you want to. It's just kind of annoying to have to tap the screen multiple times to get it where I want it.

Last edited:
OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Anyone? Im guessing the silence means No.

Last edited:
OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Just bumping this thread to see if anyone has found or come up with an app that does this?

the5rivers

Reaction score
I would be interested to know if there is an app that could solve this issue. Its annoying to tap on the screen to get the cursor exactly where you want it in order to make corrections. Is there an easier way to do it via the physical keyboard? THanks!

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Not that I know of. I would love for an app to come out for this.

Dawizman

Reaction score
The D-Pad on the physical keyboard works quite well for me on my milestone. If you are using the software keyboard, then all I can say is good luck to you.

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Ya the D-pad helps but when not using the pull out keyboard it can be a pain. Ive seen other threads where people would love to have this feature as an app. Just wondering if we got enough people to ask for it that someone would come up with an app? Heck I would even throw in a dollar or two to buy it.

missrachel

Reaction score
Any updates on this issue since the Droid X came stock with this awesome feature??
(Would this be considered a "bump"??? Lol /noob)

desert63

Reaction score
Text editor in Droid x

I was frustrated by the same issue - lack of a directional arrow that would allow me to pick where in wanted to edit. I just changed from Motorola Droid to Droid X yesterday and like the newer system. It highlights the point of editing and has a sphere that you can slide with your finger to adjust to the next letter or location. It is much easier.

I did run into a problem in playing around with Droid X. I somehow activated a magnifying window that covers about 40% of the screen and moves around. YOu can click +/- keys to magnify what is in that block. A pretty helpful tool except I can't turn it off yet? Any suggestions?