Low space???????

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Is anyone else having this problem??? Ever since downloading UD 1.0.0 I have been getting the message "Space getting low" and when I click on the notification it takes me to my "manage apps". Now I have not downloaded any new apps, themes or games. As a matter of fact I have had to uninstall some apps to get the notification to go away.

Just wondering cuz I did not have this issue on UD .8 but I had the exact same apps (well minus some since I had to delete a few).

jt.02

Reaction score
+1 with this issue!

Sent from my The Ultimate DROiD 1.0.0 using Tapatalk

jawa6969

Reaction score
Had (well having) the same issue. First ROM I have ever experienced it with. I moved a few of the larger, less used apps to the SD card and the issue seems to have subsided. I am sure if I take on another app or two, it would come back.

craigs93

Reaction score
Check your "applications" under "settings". When I had this problem, I found that lots of apps had their names scrambled, so they would no longer run and were impossible to move to the SD card. Delete any messed up files and reboot. When you check the Market, they will all re-populate. Just re-download and you are back in business!!
(At least that's what fixed my similar problem)
Good luck!!

Chipster

Reaction score
UD1 is placing the dalvik-cache in the /data partition. Previous versions (and many other ROMs) place it in the /cache partition - with symlinks from /data to /cache.

On my phone, it means I lose about 40M in /data (though I gain it back in /cache) compared to UD Ex 8.0.

Use Settings>UD>Device Info>Memory to view what it used.

Hopefully we can get this feature back in next version.

Apparently stock ROMs usually place the dalvik-cache in the /data section - like UD1 does. There's more info on this in the Cyanogen wiki.

OP
dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Do you use CacheMate?

I do not use CacheMate, I have been using Cache Cleaner which has been doing great. Like I said this has not happened before and I have not downloaded anything new. In fact I have had to go and uninstall many apps just to get rid of the warning.

I am glad to know that I am not the only one and that I am not loosing my mind. I hope they fix this with an update. I really am loving UD.