Loving it still but going a little nutty need more help

sterdroids

Reaction score
Hi All-

(1) How can I back up this phone? on my old i730 i had sprite backup which was awesome. anything like it for the droid?

(2) I find my portrait / landscape mode detector is way too sensative anyway to reduce the settings on that?

(3) Is there a way to see what current apps are open and jumpo between them fast? sort of like alt - tab on the pc?

(4) I am having a terrible time with the camera. is it me?
I feel like there is a two second lag from the time i snap the picture then my subjects are already moving so the final shot is not what i intended.

Also almost every picture i take is blurry. what gives? and whats the best settings?

thanks for any help!!!

LosAngeles

Reaction score
There are apps in the market that may backup your phone someone else will tell you hopefully as I don't use one. 'My ckup pro' maybe? What are you trying to backup? The phone backs up contacts and apps you've downloaded it will get them back and your background if you reset your phone.

Hold down the home key and it'll bring up a alt-tab like window to switch between apps.

Camera issues may be fixed in coming updates.

As for the landscape sensitivity I'm unaware of a setting that changes this.

:)

Last edited:

mjs31

Reaction score
Yep...what Los Angeles said. There are several apps for back up purposes out there. Home button and multitasking are your friend. As for the Camera...I couldn't agree more with you. Yes, I get the green focus corners but the issues go deeper than this. Like you, I feel the shutter speed is either set to low or something else is going one. You can snap the pict, but if you move after snapping or the subject moves...you are done. Also...I feel the wide focus brackets are a mistake. This is assuming it is focusing on the whole screen. I much prefer a center focus square or something similar. And...I hate the people that will say it is just a phone so get used to it. Yes, I have a DSLR and I understand it is a phone, but there are tons of phones out there that take a better pict. I could care less if it is 5+MP since a larger piece of crap is still crap ;-)

Dont get me wrong...I absolutely LOVE this phone. I just have to say the Camera is BS.

Bring on mid december....Firefox and an update....

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!

Any others besides myckup? I am trying to backup the entire phone. Imagine if the phone died and you had an image of the exact phone backed up to the sd card and you could just restore in two seconds the way your apps were tweaked etc etc etc thats what sprite did on the i730. maybe this phone wont crash but somehow i doubt it. Also when you say the phone backs up contacts and apps where do the apps get backed up? After a hard reset they will automatically come back?

Pressing the home key is great THANKS!

And yes the camera is worthless at this point it might as well not even be on the phone! i hope they fix it. when is the fix due?

thanks again and happy turkey to all!

Last edited: