What are your Camera Settings?

shugknight

Reaction score
For those that are taking really good pictures with their Droid, can I ask.. .What are your settings? If possible, the difference between Indoors/Outdoors.

Reason I asked is because yesterday it was the first time I really used the camera to it's fullest, snapping away at Christmas. Unfortunately, the pictures never really came out that great. It was either blurry, or grainy. I was messing with the settings and I couldn't figure out a good combination to get a good picture. I made some changes to make it a little bit better, but nothing too great.

If you could help, that would be great! thanks!

Laurence5905

Reaction score
I have yet to find any settings that will work indoors... Outdoors in good sunlight (even on a cloudy day), the "Auto" settings seem to work fine for me.

But indoors, nearly any $100 point-and-shoot digital camera is going to give you better results, unfortunately.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
open settings and select picture quality. mine came set at superfine. i changed it to normal and my pics are SOOO much better now, even in low light. thats the only change i made.

Laurence5905

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I just can't get good results with my Droid's camera, no matter what settings I try...

I shot the same scenes with my Canon PowerShot S45 (approximately 8 years old, 4 megapixels) and my Droid (less than 2 months old, 5 megapixels.) One scene indoors, one outdoors (overcast clouds). Full-auto settings on the Canon; Flash-on, Focus-infinity on the Droid. (I took SEVERAL pics of each scene with the Droid, using different settings for each one -- Flash-on, Focus-infinity gave me the best results out of all of them.)

On the pics below, the Canon is on the left-half and the Droid is on the right-half. Compare for yourselves... The Droid's camera just isn't very good, even when compared to an 8-year-old near-obsolete point-and-shoot digital camera.

EDIT: Just to be clear - as a phone, the Droid can't be beat. As a camera, it leaves much to be desired... I just hope the problems can be fixed with software -- all the other hardware on the Droid is superior, I can't imagine them cheap-ing out on the camera hardware. If it's a software problem, it can (and hopefully will) be fixed!

Attachments

• CameraCompare1.jpg
    CameraCompare1.jpg
    553.3 KB · Views: 415
  • CameraCompare2.jpg
    CameraCompare2.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 402