Love "sarcasm" the new Verizon Share more of your $ with us plan.......

Signum

Reaction score
How are we trying to beat the system when it is something that Verizon told us that we could do? And the reason it made sense to you to switch your plan is because you saved money so why is it not alright for me to save money. Once again just because it worked for you does not mean that it works for everyone else. Just because you switched does not make us wrong for not switching. You are not the one that gets to make the rules that we have to follow for Verizon so stop acting like you know what you are talking about.

lol.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
There's no issues with discussing and debating Verizon's shared plans versus unlimited data, but keep things civil. Any posts that resort to personal attacks, name-calling, or violate the forum's Guidelines of Conduct in any other way will be edited or deleted. There's room for all viewpoints here. :)

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Please tell where in the new plan, where I can get Unlimited Data, 450 Minutes "unlimited VZN to VZN", 500 outside and unlimited inside the network Texts for $73 a month, please show me and I will switch today.:icon_ devil:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Please tell where in the new plan, where I can get Unlimited Data, 450 Minutes "unlimited VZN to VZN", 500 outside and unlimited inside the network Texts for $73 a month, please show me and I will switch today.:icon_ devil:

I'm on an old Alltel plan, and I have pretty much the same setup for the same price (only difference is I have 500 minutes) along with unlimited mobile hotspot for $20 a month. I'm not letting it go! :icon_ rocker:

Jon K

Reaction score
You guys need to get jobs that reimburse for your phone :)

I paid $0 for my S3 and have a $90 credit each month. I personally don't care what plan I have :)

Ozzzy3z

Reaction score
Jon K said:
You guys need to get jobs that reimburse for your phone :)

I paid $0 for my S3 and have a $90 credit each month. I personally don't care what plan I have :)

Disagree. I could get a free phone and service as part of my job but your company owns every transaction you make. While I don't do anything questionable with my phone the thought of someone having the legal right to review my information whenever they want is too much of a compromise for me.

Reaction score
Oddly enough I kinda don't get the unlimited data users point of view. I barely use the 4 gigs I have now. And my sister uses her 2 gigs very quickly sometimes not so much. I think for some the shared data for everyone could work. 5gigs/50$ plus the 40 dollar smart phone fee, then the smartphone cost. Initially its expensive but couldn't it lessen by the next month in total cost.

Forgive me if I miss understand all of the plans and fees. Could someone explain the cost for a family wanting this shared data plan with only 3 data lines.
(Girl friends family is thinking about this because at&t sucks for them) thanks in advance

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Honesly, the share everything plan onpy will save you money if you dont use any data, or you have lots of tablets and air card/mifis on your plan. Ifigured it out with my wife and I found that we would be spending exactly the same, so I just dropped my 60 bucks a month air card (sniff, it was actually still an unlimited air card) and saved the most amount of money.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Bilgediver

Reaction score
40 bucks for a smartphone, 30 bucks for a dumb/feature phone, 20 bucks for a mifi, 10 bucks for a tablet. So if your a family with 1 or 2 tablets or mifis/air cards, it makes sense because 60 bucks a month for a tablet plan vs 10 bucks....

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Oddly enough I kinda don't get the unlimited data users point of view. I barely use the 4 gigs I have now. And my sister uses her 2 gigs very quickly sometimes not so much. I think for some the shared data for everyone could work. 5gigs/50$ plus the 40 dollar smart phone fee, then the smartphone cost. Initially its expensive but couldn't it lessen by the next month in total cost.

Forgive me if I miss understand all of the plans and fees. Could someone explain the cost for a family wanting this shared data plan with only 3 data lines.
(Girl friends family is thinking about this because at&t sucks for them) thanks in advance

For most users, 2GB - 4GB will be enough. But for others, it's not.

I happen to be one of those others. I have unlimited data along with unlimited mobile hotspot. The hotspot feature on my S3 provides my main internet connection for all of my devices at home. Right now, I'm only a week into my monthly billing cycle, and I've already used over 40GB of data. I'm not using any third-party tethering apps, and I'm paying Verizon for the mobile hotspot feature, so for me, unlimited data is a must-have.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Signum said:

I'd laugh too if I was proven wrong.

Any who, this plan is a good reason to switch to sprint haha. If you don't use much data I could see using it but being someone who works in the field not being around wifi I loves me some unlimited data :)

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
For most users, 2GB - 4GB will be enough. But for others, it's not.

I happen to be one of those others. I have unlimited data along with unlimited mobile hotspot. The hotspot feature on my S3 provides my main internet connection for all of my devices at home. Right now, I'm only a week into my monthly billing cycle, and I've already used over 40GB of data. I'm not using any third-party tethering apps, and I'm paying Verizon for the mobile hotspot feature, so for me, unlimited data is a must-have.

Great point. I use anywhere from 15-25 gb a month easily (sometimes more) and I rarely tether, so a share everything plan would be useless for me.
For those people that mainly use their phone for calls and texting it's a great plan.

tap'n